No announcement yet.

I hate Chainsaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never has been one of my favorite tools.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
      Just buy a stihl
      I HAD a Shihl. I bought it used. Ran fine....until you got near a piece of wood.
      Over a two week period it never cut more than an 1/8" deep.
      I could start and run it a few seconds, it would idle fine, then respond to trigger pull and then get near a piece of wood it would die.

Restart it, rev it up, idle, rev it up and think it's good to go...then die anywhere near a piece of wood.
      I could do the same and run it for 5 or 10 minutes(so it seemed) then get near a pieceo of wood, it would stop. Not bog down, just stop before ever contacting the wood.

Did this off and on for two weeks and finally sold it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        Well… would you rather just use a hand saw?
        Remember when the first hand saw was invented… RIP stones and sticks to cut down trees

Comment

I guess I have been lucky. I have never had an issue with any Stihl or echo product, and have never bought premix fuel. One of my Stihls is close to 30 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
            Just buy a stihl
            I only buy Stihl if I want a hard to start saw owned a bunch of Stihl and Echo. Echo is consistently easier to start, but Stihl makes more power for the size. It just seems the higher compression of the Stihl is to blame for both aspects.

Comment

Chain saws and wiring trailer lights....%#$!

Comment

I stop using the canned gas and mix my own. I get ethanol free from Buckees and add a can of seafoam. Good stuff.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

No ethanol premixed fuel with stabilizer is a small engines God send…

Comment

Always been too cheap to buy a Stihl- to me buying a Stihl chainsaw is like buying a John Deere tractor or a pair of Tony Llama boots...part of the cost is in the name. Have bought several Husky chainsaws over the years and always had trouble keeping them running. My step-dad had bought an Echo some years before he died in 2011 and set unused for a number of years. My mom needed some tree cutting done and of course couldn't get the Husky to run. Found the Echo, emptied the gas tank, changed the spark plug, bar, and chain and got it running with very little effort. Stayed at my mom's for me to use whenever she needed some cutting done but made it to my house when my mom passed in 2020. Only use regular gas and sometimes goes a couple of months without being used and will start every time after about four pulls on the rope with the choke engaged.

Comment

This saw will change your mind about chainsaws. It`s a great one.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                        Don’t think I will completely give up my gas saw. I cut lots of firewood. Stihl and premixed fuel.

I hate chains. Always loose and dull. My next Stihl will have the quick “tightner.”
                        Originally posted by andre3k View Post
                        I stop using the canned gas and mix my own. I get ethanol free from Buckees and add a can of seafoam. Good stuff.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk
                        Both of these.

No way I could not have a gas saw. I felled and cut up 7 oaks from 10-20" thick in one day in March. No way that's happening without 2k in battery.

And I do have a lectric saw for women's work

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

My stihl gets regular gas with cheap 2cycle oil never misses a lick. When I bought it they showed me the start procedure and it never fails. Full choke 1 to 3 pulls until it coughs, choke off fires on next pull every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-R View Post
                            My electric one starts every single time. Makita. Plenty of torque.
                            I hate my gas but love the electric, EGo .

Comment

Originally posted by big pig View Post
                              don’t think i will completely give up my gas saw. I cut lots of firewood. Stihl and premixed fuel.

I hate chains. Always loose and dull. My next stihl will have an operator with it !!!!!
                              fify !

Comment

I have a Husqvarna, only run truefuel in it. It can sit for a yr, and will still fire right up. It cuts wood like a beaver son

Comment

Working...
                                X