No announcement yet.

I hate Chainsaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truefuel if you absolutely need a gas chainsaw. If not battery powered. The battery powered have advanced and will flat out cut some wood! Very impressed with them.

Comment

Don’t think I will completely give up my gas saw. I cut lots of firewood. Stihl and premixed fuel.

I hate chains. Always loose and dull. My next Stihl will have the quick “tightner.”

Comment

Step out of the Stone Age.
        Battery power.

Comment

I think I have 5 in the barn, 0 running except the electric 10 inch pole saw , the small engine repair guy charges about the same as buying a new one

Comment

Don't know many that does.

Comment

Yea I hear ya. I buy gas in a can. It started up but the chain is dull cutting mesquite. My Aggie buddy just gets new chains. I still like to sharpen.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                .........and i thought it was just me! LOL!
                I’ll throw it in scrap pile and buy another Fast!

Comment

I have a Milwaukee electric, love it. Only complaint is the weird chain size, can only really find them at home depot and their not always in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                    Only pre-mixed fuel. Makes em much less of a PIA.
                    My lil 170 has only ever gotten moto mix. Idk how old it is at this point but it's a "3 pulls and fires right up" machine

Comment

I would have had 5 battery charges or 5 batteries to do the work I did with my Stihl gas today! I’ve seen studies that show tru fuel is not all that great ! I use ethanol free gas and mix it myself. My saw may sit for six months and it will crank right up with the gas that was in it. Keep your air filter clean, stop more often to touch up the chain , flip the bar over every time you sharpen your blade, use quality bar oil. Purchase a quality saw!

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                        I think I have 5 in the barn, 0 running except the electric 10 inch pole saw , the small engine repair guy charges about the same as buying a new one
                        U shood box em up n send em to me. Open up some space in da barn

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I love chainsaws. I bet I had one in the truck for 30 years. It had to work.
                          You learn how to maintain them, and see when they are starting to go south.
                          Stop cutting, fix it, and back to work.
                          I moved to a 14 inch Stihl saw with a 12 inch bar. It ate everything...

Comment

+1 on the ethanol free gas for all small engines:

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                              Usually, when you fix something, you feel proud. When it comes to a chainsaw, I'm still mad at it after it's fixed..r
                              Well… would you rather just use a hand saw?

Comment

As much as I use a chainsaw I just switched to DeWalt it’s been a pretty good little saw starts every time. I have four Stihls I’m going to get running and sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X