Pool Water Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
    SO, we have a swim spa and things had been going fine for the first couple of months. Now, the water is cloudy and we can not get it to clear back up. We have tried chlorine, stabilizer, water clear products that are supposed to bind the smaller particles and filter better.... Still cloudy. Check with test strips several times a day as we add things and try to adjust where needs to be and still nothing. Cleaned the two filters by spraying out with hose and then soaking in a pool filter cleaner and then rinsing with water as well. Any other ideas? About to get a pump and drain the thing and start over.....
    You are way overdoing it. I never used test strips, just my eyes for two tests. First, looking at the water, if it had a tinge of green, I'd add more chlorine. Second test was if my eyes smarted while swimming, I'd back off the chlorine. Never, ever have I emptied my pool.
    My FIL,on the other hand, tests his pool every day and added chemicals he thought he needed. In the last 4 years, he's emptied his pool twice. I aggregate him once in a while by suggesting he stop testing. Truly is a waste of time and money.

Comment

Originally posted by topwater blowup View Post
      The Acid is what will clear up the water!!! Add 2 cups and wait 4 hours before adding more.
      Just tested again and Ph was showing a little low. It's my understanding that the Muratic acid will lower the Ph of the pool, correct?

Comment

Correct

Comment

Lots of assumptions here, which may or may not help and are just going to cost you money down the line. Bring a sample to a pool store and have them rest the water….it’s free and no obligation to buy anything from them. They’ll need some basic info about your pool, but they can help get you to where you need to be. I take a sample once a week….sometimes I’ll buy what I need from the pool place other times I just shop around, but my pool always turns out perfect when I finished with what they’ve suggested. Also, majority of times they’ll tell me to not add certain things for various reasons (e.g., rain coming, etc.)

Comment

Working...
          X