Headed to California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why ?
    There’s 49 other good states before that one !
    Be safe and watch out for the Californians.

Comment

California is a beautiful state and I had a great 4 years there. San clemente, San diego, Dana point, San Juan Capistrano ... Great places for a young single man. Enjoy. But come back home soon

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy a lifetime license before you go. Good luck.

Comment

holy crap congrats OP. VG is doing some exciting stuff.

Comment

Congratulations on the career move and good luck out there.

Comment

Sounds like a great gig buddy. I’m sure you’ll find plenty of like minded folks if you look in the right places. Be safe and don’t be a stranger around here D!

Comment

Lived in thousand oaks and then San Diego from the 80 to early 90's and there are some great places to check out. If you get a chance do a day trip out to solvang, it is kind of like going to Fredericksburg. You can head up to the mountains and see snow and then still drive to the beach. I would never move back but that doesnt mean there arent great people and places to see out there.

Comment

Congratulations! That sounds like a great opportunity. Enjoy it!!

Comment

Offshore fishing is great August, September and part of October.
                    Hiking is good local and great a few hours north.
                    I do not Bass fish but knew a couple of officers out of central that flirted with the wold record.
                    They stock trout which feed the bass.
                    Stripers used to be great out of Silverwood lake.
                    Chukar good on backside of the range if you are in shape.
                    Excellent shallow water rock cod around Channel Island on boats out of Santa Barbara in winter.
                    Mule Deer in the south Black Tail to the north.
                    Long Range fishing if you have 10 to 14 days.
                    Cheap tickets to Cabo if you don't have 10 to 14 days.
                    You could see some top acts for cheap during the week or pay full price during the weekend.
                    I do not ski but knew a lot of people who did.
                    Ever thought of taking up sailing?

There is a reason people flocked to California and a reason people leave.There is a tremendous variety of quality adventures, the problem is that you are usually have some company. Not the place to be if you are like me and really appreciate solitude.

Comment

My father retired to California and spends time between Calabassas and Newport Beach. I'm there 3 times a year. As stated its not all bad.

Congrats and God Bless

Comment

Thank you everyone for the cheers and advice.

I did used to sail. Had a 32' and 37' on Texoma. Might get back into that.

I can see spending every weekend going to places I've never been before. Will definitely be looking into hunting and fishing opportunities.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Best wishes Duncan!
                            I wish we could have gotten to spend some time together and get to know one another at our Baird lease.
                            We may have to send you photos of any bruisers we take to let you know what you missed out on!
                            Many blessings,
                            Craig

Comment

Congrats on the job that sounds like a heck of a gig! I get the impression you’re the kind of guy that makes the best out of whatever situation you’re in. No doubt you will enjoy the experience and bring some value into that state.

No reason you gotta quit on the TBH campfire either. Plenty of folks that have never lived in Texas on here. Personal goal of mine to meet Bill up in Bozeman!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                Sounds like an awesome job but personally there isn’t one awesome enough to me to move to California.

Best of luck to you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                This is my thoughts exactly.
                                May God bless your move.
                                Take a few of the sumbeachea that have moved here back with ya when you go please.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X