Talk to your kids about Fentanyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
    All you have to do is touch this stuff and it can kill you. I read an article the other day where somebody stuffed a napkin laced with this crap in a woman's car door handle she was poisoned when she pulled it out.
    Was that what it was determined to be? I thought that lady was full of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
      Probably started with alcohol...

Comment

Not to make light of this stuff. It is very dangerous, but it's killed very few people per how many use it.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          That doesn't make any sense, not if you're a dealer with clientele you want to keep.
          Doesn't make sense from a point of use or cost perspective.
          You cut things to make more money.
          Fentynal is probably the most expensive cut you could buy.
          Or maybe I missing something, but the urban myths of dealers cutting such and such with such and such, goes back to the 60s.
          There are very small isolated incidents where something was mixed with something for whatever reason and people died, but dealers aren't running around cutting everything with Fentynal.
          It would only make sense with heroin really, and even still it's not cost effective.
          Coke it would enhance, but you would have to sale it for twice the normal price, you would most likely kill off your customer base in the first week, and you would be broke lol.
          Not to mention, they would be on to you, after the first hit.
          Everything else it would really make no sense.
          It isn't bs. Counterfeit pills (oxy, Percocet, etc...) are extremely common now. Most of the pills we seize are crudely pressed and pretty easily identified as counterfeit if you know what to look for. They are sold on the street as genuine when they aren't. They are being produced in Mexico and clandestine labs here in the US. They use Fentanyl to make them. Most of the seized pills we test today contain Fentanyl. Buying pills from dealers on the street is very dangerous right now as it is very easy to OD since you really don't know how much Fentanyl the pills contain.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            DRUGS KILL!!!!

Been this way and won't change. Likely started with "just weed"

That's a bad argument.
            Amount of people using/smoking weed in the US around 20%+ I would be willing to bet 99% of those don't move on to harder drugs.

Now of the 100k a year that do die from OD most probably did start with weed, that's because it was the first drug they could get their hands on.

To that note another 100k a year also die from cirrhosis of the liver. Likely started with "just beer"

Also in the US around 1.5 million people die every year from diabetes. I wonder if we should say it was "just a cupcake"

I'm not here to defend the Mary J, but lets at least consistent in that it's not the chemicals. It's an individuals decision making that controls the outcome of their life.

-- Sorry for the off topic rant. .

Comment

Originally posted by CrownKiller14 View Post
              That's a bad argument.
              Amount of people using/smoking weed in the US around 20%+ I would be willing to bet 99% of those don't move on to harder drugs.

Now of the 100k a year that do die from OD most probably did start with weed, that's because it was the first drug they could get their hands on.

To that note another 100k a year also die from cirrhosis of the liver. Likely started with "just beer"

Also in the US around 1.5 million people die every year from diabetes. I wonder if we should say it was "just a cupcake"

I'm not here to defend the Mary J, but lets at least consistent in that it's not the chemicals. It's an individuals decision making that controls the outcome of their life.

Comment

Originally posted by CrownKiller14 View Post
                That's a bad argument.

Man I'd be so much better off if someone banned cupcakes.

Comment

Customs and Border Protection agents seized more than 15,000 fentanyl pills that they say were strapped to a person's legs on Wednesday, according to officials.

These aren't impersonating others / laced...fentanyl pills.

Comment

Wouldn’t you think with the Biden’s family with the history of drug abuse. That would be his and the First Lady to be hell on drugs. It’s almost like they are getting kick backs from China on letting Mexico distribute into the US. There needs to be harsher penalties for possession and intent to distribute.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                      Man I'd be so much better off if someone banned cupcakes.

If they banned BlueBell I would be a good looking fella. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                        It's the fact that many drugs are "cut" with it to stretch out supply. They amount to kill a person is amazingly small. It's Russian roulette that whoever cut it somewhat knew what they were doing.
                        You are absolutely correct. I have seen it every day since the beginning the year. Dealers are cutting everything with it and manufacturing pills with it. The problem with Fentanyl is it does not break down like other cutting substances. so it is not evenly distributed through the new product. So 2 rocks out of the same cookie one could have 3 grains and one could have 1 grain. the three grains would be lethal dose and the 1 would not. In march of this year Walker county sent in 7 OD from heroin cut with it in a 10 day period. Just this month I believe we have many possible but we are waiting for toxicology to come back

Its some bad Stuff. Dealers are killing their clients but luckily some of the agency around are actually being successful arresting dealers. however, keeoing them locked up or convicted is a different story

Comment

The issue is not generally stuff being "cut" with fentanyl, it's counterfeit pills being made with fentanyl. You go out looking for vicodins from a dealer and unless they're buying them off of someone who has a prescription you're not actually going to get vicodin. And instead of making their knockoff vicodin with the ingredients used in vicodin, it's much easier to put a little fentanyl in there to give the user the same feeling (although likely much more intense). If your back alley pharmacist messes up his fentanyl ratio in his pills it can be deadly. Unintentional overdoses are also common with these counterfeit pills for another reason as well: when someone gets hooked on painkillers they often get to the point where they might have to take 2 or 3, even 4 pills at a time to get the same feeling that they originally got with 1. When they end up with a bottle of fakes containing fentanyl and toss back a handful to get high, it often ends badly.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                            it makes sense if it gets you hooked faster and longer and it appears to be working. but they are probably trying to find the perfect balance of getting you hooked and keeping you alive to fund their vacation houses.
                            Ahh thanks for clarifying. This makes more sense. When I hear "cut" I think filler is added.

Comment

I have run quite a few of these OD’s. It seems they lace everything with this stuff. I have drilled into my kids heads since they could understand words that drugs will kill you so never do any of it including the weed.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                                DRUGS KILL!!!!

Been this way and won't change. Likely started with "just weed"
                                Most start with alcohol

Comment

Working...
                                X