Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Drought Map.. West Texas is OK..Not really..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/2 inch since 9/2021 , it’s still terrible out near mertzon and Barnhart

Comment

We got less than half an inch total over the last few days here around Abilene. Really disappointing when the forecasts were saying we could get 5 inches. Just barely got enough to settle the dust for a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
        That has been redefined as a white power symbol now. How dare you
        So true. My son played JR High Basketball. He was the only white kid on the team. We played and all African American team. When the kids made a 3pt they would do the OK. up showing the 3pt. When my son did it they other parents went nuts saying my son was calling out white power.

They had to call time out and tell my son to not do it again.
        My smart *** son shot a 3 and ran down with his arm out like Hitler with 3 fingers together turned sideways.
        That is what we use as a family for read between the lines.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
          maybe my humor is being missed.. If you look at the map it looks like a hand with the "OK" wrist is on the New Mexico Line. Maybe Brady in the "circle"
          Sterling City in the circle, I think.

Comment

I'm feeling too lazy to look it up.

What is the requirement for the amount of rain needed to get out of a declared drought?
            I don't think an inch of rain (if we got that yesterday) will negate the months of no rain and heat we have had.

Comment

1947 - 1957 drought

My grandparents talked about the 1950’s drought
              I was @ moors feed lot awhile back and MRS Moor & I where talking and she said
              It didn’t rain except a few drops from 1947-1957 , then it flooded for Months with out end .

A severe drought could happen again, 2011 & 2021-2022 could just be a blip in history? Let’s pray we don’t ever have to suffer what our parents and grandparents did,

Comment

It’s as bad in Kendall county as I have seen in my life. I’m sitting right at six total inches of rainfall since Jan 1.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                  So true. My son played JR High Basketball. He was the only white kid on the team. We played and all African American team. When the kids made a 3pt they would do the OK. up showing the 3pt. When my son did it they other parents went nuts saying my son was calling out white power.
                  How absolutely sad is that

Comment

We've had 5" rain since Sunday.

Comment

Finally raining in parts of Menard County. Still extremely dry in southern part of the county. Lots of rain in NW part of the county.
                      Praying for more general rainfall across Texas.
                      Adios,
                      Gary

Comment

Working...
                      X