Pellet Grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pellet Grills

I know its been discussed, but I'm gonna ask anyway. I just ordered a Recteq grill. Now I need to know what pellets to order and ones to stay away from.

I used B&B Championship in the hopper, others in a smoke tube for flavor such as Apple, Pecan, etc, also B&B brand. I've never had an issue with them and you can get a 40 lb bag of the Championship Blend at Academy for $15.

Comment

I usually run the Pitboss Competition blend from Walmart in my RT700.

Comment

I was using the Pitboss pellets for a while but switched to Bear Mountain and have very pleased them.

Comment

I’ve used the Traeger pellets from Home Depot without any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like to mix different ones together for fun and see if there's a combo I like.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
              I used B&B Championship in the hopper, others in a smoke tube for flavor such as Apple, Pecan, etc, also B&B brand. I've never had an issue with them and you can get a 40 lb bag of the Championship Blend at Academy for $15.
              2nd this

Comment

I've found the blends and fruits just do not produce enough smoke flavor for me in general. I only use mesquite or hickory and prefer Lumberjacks. B&B or Bear Mountain are also pretty good 2nd choice.

Comment

I ordered the rec teq ultimate blend and have been really happy with it.

Comment

I've gotten to where I use Black Bear or Lumber Jack for consistent smoke. If you want to try Black Bear, Tractor Supply usually has it for a descent price.

Comment

The best pellets that I have found, and I have tested 4-5 different brands, are Bear Mountain. They produce far less ash, and put out more smoke flavor than the other ones I have tried. I did buy some almond wood pellets to try (I forgot the brand) but I have no experience with them so far so I can't comment.

Comment

B&B mesquite. $10 at academy.

Order the grill grates searing grates for your RT too. I’ve got the 590 and they are awesome!

Comment

Completely off topic but do pellet grills get hot enough to put a dead on a steak or burger? Been looking at them
                          Pretty hard

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                            Completely off topic but do pellet grills get hot enough to put a dead on a steak or burger? Been looking at them
                            Pretty hard
                            I'm going to assume you mean a sear. Yes, most will.

Comment

Lumberjack is my favorite

Comment

Working...
                              X