Question for the police officers on equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
    Thats weird. Around DFW, i pretty sure all of the large agencies provide all the required belt gear. Extras (like extra cuff cases, flashlights holders, some TQ holders maybe not). Couple things you might look at getting him, good small flashlight backup for his belt or pocket, holster mounted tourniquet case (saves room on belt), good duty bag for his gear, good duty/search gloves

Buy him a Streamlight Stinger DS. Great lights and will last forever and can still be tucked under his arm and out of the way. Couple extra pair of bracelets are nice as well as an expandable folder for forms/papers.

Comment

Heys. Thanks. Also All the pms

Love the ideas on other gear also…good quality stuff. He has others that will want to gift him and i like to be able to point them towards quality kit

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
        My son starts the academy next month.

He ahs already hired on and ahs a sponsor. The will provide ammo, uniforms and all that...

He needs his own duty belt and holster. Looking at safariland and biancci.

was wondering if there were others before pulling the trigger?
        Besides Safariland being the standard in most agencies, I would try to find out what else his agency issues and/or allows.

We now do most of our paperwork on tablets (iPad etc.) or camera and use very little actual paper. We used to issue aluminum clipboards with a document compartment so we could keep some of our multiple commonly used forms. We don’t carry most of those anymore, like two instead of a dozen different forms. Now my agency does not issue clipboards but most officers purchase a cheap one to carry just two or three pieces of paper on, and they are rarely needed.

Other gear my be issued or individually purchased but with restrictions to brand, type, appearance, etc.

As an example, I purchased my shotgun and baton but then could not carry either due to department policy. An example was that all shotguns had to be a Remington 870. Winchester, Mossberg, etc., were prohibited. My oh shoot fine Bianchi Magic Wand baton was prohibited and so on.

I am sure that your son would appreciate anything but some departments could be very restrictive on gear whereas other departments might have very little policy on some items.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdub25 View Post
          I don’t know anything about this, just surprised they have to buy their own gear. Our LEO’s should have the best gear, at no cost. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I prefer buying my own gear. I can buy the best for me and not what's low bid.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JWalker08 View Post
            Safe life defense makes good nylon belts and the best Velcro inner belt I've ever used. Safariland is by far the best duty equipment when it comes to holsters and leather duty belts.

Safelife is the way to go for belts. 100$ gets you a inner Velcro belt and outer belt. I prefer the molle version. And for sure safariland for holster with QLS.

Comment

Make sure he gets a weapon mounted light. They are life savers, I love mine.

Comment

Get him an IFAK kit and a class on how to use it, if it's not provided.
                Also check on policy to see what retention level the holster has to be.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X