Pig Brig Traps....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pig Brig Traps....

I just wanted to give a shout out to this company. Like several others on here we have a pig problem on our property.... Trying to keep the pig population under control is impossible, but you have to do something. We shoot all we see, but that's not enough. I looked at alot of different traps, in our situation we needed one that we could move easily, was easy to set up and as "cost efficient" as we could find. I came across the Pig Brig trap online and decided to give them a call.... I was glad I did. These traps are easy to set up, easy to move, and work. Like anything else there's a learning curve but it doesn't take long to figure out the small things that can make a difference. So far year-to-date we have caught 185 pigs with 2 traps.

The guys at Pig Brig are very helpful and support their product very well.
    I just wanted to share what I have experienced first hand. I know there are other ways to eradicate pigs but this has been the best for us. If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask..... I'm always willing to share what we've learned.

Hope everyone has a great day....

Originally posted by J.Shoot View Post
    I just wanted to give a shout out to this company. Like several others on here we have a pig problem on our property.... Trying to keep the pig population under control is impossible, but you have to do something. We shoot all we see, but that's not enough. I looked at alot of different traps, in our situation we needed one that we could move easily, was easy to set up and as "cost efficient" as we could find. I came across the Pig Brig trap online and decided to give them a call.... I was glad I did. These traps are easy to set up, easy to move, and work. Like anything else there's a learning curve but it doesn't take long to figure out the small things that can make a difference. So far year-to-date we have caught 185 pigs with 2 traps.

The guys at Pig Brig are very helpful and support their product very well.
    I just wanted to share what I have experienced first hand. I know there are other ways to eradicate pigs but this has been the best for us. If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask..... I'm always willing to share what we've learned.

Hope everyone has a great day....

Good deal, enjoyed some of their videos on there web site.

Add your 185 kills to the KAP 2022 thread if you have not done so.

Rwc
    Last edited by Rwc; 08-17-2022, 06:36 AM.

Comment

I hope it works well for you. Our experience has always been that they become trap smart. We run dogs on lots of land where that has happened. Good luck and KAP.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
        I hope it works well for you. Our experience has always been that they become trap smart. We run dogs on lots of land where that has happened. Good luck and KAP.

-john
        They'll wise up to anything you do to them. I feel alot of folks look for a one and done sliver bullet, be it dogs, traps, thermals or other means to control them when it should be a all out methods to keep the hogs on their toes.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post

-john
          Yes, they do get wise to it. But that's when we pull it down and move it. It's interesting to see the different reactions. We've caught as many as 40 hogs in one trap setting and as few a 3 in another one. The hogs act completely different to it everywhere we set it.
          We've done about everything you can think of to get rid of hogs.... we've had helicopters work our place with very little success just because it's to thick. We use thermals to night hunt them. It's a process for sure, and takes work no matter what you seem to do.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
            They'll wise up to anything you do to them. I feel alot of folks look for a one and done sliver bullet, be it dogs, traps, thermals or other means to control them when it should be a all out methods to keep the hogs on their toes.

!00% agree with this for sure.

J.Shoot I have been catching hogs since the 80's. Nothing will work completely. The best I have found is when they show up on either of our places I hit them with the dogs. Doing it for about 3 weekends in a row tends to move the hogs off of your place. The longest I have kept them away has been 6 months. Sure helps the pastures when I have them run out of there. Good luck on your battle.

-john

Comment

Looks awesome. The price seems a little steep for a net and a few clips though.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                Looks awesome. The price seems a little steep for a net and a few clips though.
                Just seeing this thread as I learned about this system from a Texas Forest Service Area manager last week. I figured TBH knew about it. I also despise the price for this simple trap system, but I gotta start getting rid of these suckers sooner than later. I even chased a softball sized one down last week......lol. Had about 15 of them little scamps running around 100 yards from the cabin.

Comment

We just put one up at the ranch I work at. It’s been almost 2wks, and no pig has touched it yet. The deer eat all the corn on the outside, but as far as I can tell, nothing but jackrabbits have gone under the net so far. I wish we had had it before everything got so green. There is lots for them to eat out there right now!!!

Update: when I got to the ranch today, I found that pigs had hit the trap!!!!!

Bisch
                  Last edited by Bisch; 03-18-2024, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X