Big Feeder Club: Who remembers it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    I wish it would come back too. A handful of folks have been trying to keep the write ups / video a thing through the years. But the participation from the reader/replier side has been abysmal. Abysmal enough that it doesn’t attract more writers and videoers into the fold. See FNDs recent "what happened here post" as an example. I can remember a good story or video bringing participation of 200 plus replies…. Today it’s lucky to get 30-40 on average. Sad state on a bowhunting website that long write ups and good video about a bow hunt has become an annoyance to so many.....

But post up a question about sexless marriage or pronouns and it’s 150 replies in 3 hours. [emoji2359][emoji2359]
    Shssssss! I'm trying to figure out what the best late night snack is.

Comment

Big is better!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        Shssssss! I'm trying to figure out what the best late night snack is.

Hahahahaha.....Whopper with cheese!..

Comment

Hahahahaha.....Whopper with cheese!..

Comment

I wish it would come back too. A handful of folks have been trying to keep the write ups / video a thing through the years. But the participation from the reader/replier side has been abysmal. Abysmal enough that it doesn’t attract more writers and videoers into the fold. See FNDs recent "what happened here post" as an example. I can remember a good story or video bringing participation of 200 plus replies…. Today it’s lucky to get 30-40 on average. Sad state on a bowhunting website that long write ups and good video about a bow hunt has become an annoyance to so many.....

But post up a question about sexless marriage or pronouns and it’s 150 replies in 3 hours. [emoji2359][emoji2359]

When they made the rule that all trailcam pics had to be in the new trail cam forum was when this place changed for me.

I used to really enjoy putting together big lumps of pics and talking with people about individual deer, age progressions etc.

Now I just throw stuff up on Instagram... but never really any trailcam pics. They dont do well.
            Last edited by Encinal; 08-16-2022, 11:19 AM.

Comment

I'm new here, I didn't even know most of you guys hunted! I thought this was just the Golden Girls and **** kickers club

Comment

Originally posted by StickFlinger View Post
                I'm new here, I didn't even know most of you guys hunted! I thought this was just the Golden Girls and **** kickers club
                This made me laugh a little.....lol

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by StickFlinger View Post
                  Is that why you're still here?

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                    Is that why you're still here?
                    Unmatched entertainment for a good popcorn session

Comment

Comment

Legdog has an explanation for this place.
                        Something about a "bowhunting tortilla".

Comment

Thank you for the answers, Gents. I kinda suspected Larry might have had something to do with it. But just wasn't certain.

Comment

The internet broke our attention spans

When something is new and novel everyone jumps on the bandwagon. There was a time everyone was posting trail cam pics because, for the first time ever, we had digital trail cameras that were better and the pics were easier to share in an online community.

There was one guy that used to start a new thread every week or so that was just trail cam pics of does and black hogs. And he actually got a good amount of responses in his threads. Now it's like, who cares about that?

Or when *everybody* started videoing their hunts because we could... and it was super cool! I videoed a bunch of hunts last season that I haven't even edited. I am going to do some this year - if I get time. There seems to be a little resurgence in hunting videos online. Trends come and go. The key is to make them too long, for people on social media have short attention spans. And video quality matters. Lots of hunt videos consist of 15 minutes of someone talking - explaining the details of their lease, equipment, their set up and how long they've been patterning the deer - and literally 20 seconds of exciting kill shot footage. I can't make it one minute in to a video of the camera pointing right at someone's face while they tell me about their blind. I have to skip to the good part or hit the back button.

With write ups and pics, quality matters too. Good pics get a lot more attention.

And, yes, the Big Feeder Club was hilarious. It was like a contest to see who could make the most hazardous feeder to fill. Now everyone has a big feeder it seems as 600# and larger stand and fills are so commonplace.

Comment

I remember the VE threads, those were good. I just built new stand-n-fills this year, but they're only a measly 350# each. Sorry...

Comment

Working...
                              X