Who's excited for dove season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes !!!
    Time to dust off my dove seat aka ice chest full of beer.
    It’s the only day I start drinking at 6:00 am

Comment

Saw a few birds last week in Jack County over my burnt up millet plot so optimistic. Now last weekend in Rockwall saw doves all over the place ! Cooler weather and I will be excited!

Comment

Was looking forward to it in Brackettville but with all the rain not so much. But we needed the rain BAD

Comment

Not me, too hot, not enough birds

Comment

I would be excited it i thought id see a dove. Right now i see one every couple days east of Lampasas. I will probably sit in the back yard with a few cold ones and a box of shells but i doubt i get a shot unless something changes

Comment

Shoot those Eurasians now to get them out of the way!

Comment

Yes every year! Hope to make a trip to South Tx. And up to Lubbock this year. We try to hit a new spot or two as well as the old ones. Licenses day for me is tomorrow.

Comment

No birds hard to get excited.

Comment

The sunflowers heads all bowed over maybe start drying out soon. Perfect timing hopefully. I’ve never irrigated flowers 4 times before. At least I can’t remember

Comment

I love dove season, the cold beer, friends and family, missed birds! Unfortunately I'll be working a TA opening weekend.

Comment

Just not many birds up here north of the DFW metro mess. The freeze hurt it pretty bad a few years ago and now drought isn't helping. Due to increasing pressure it's been declining for years now but that freeze rapidly accelerated things unfortunately. Seeing a few around though so for traditions sake I'll at least go since I'm off from the hospital that day.

Comment

With the drought and the fact that I have seen ZERO birds on my place, I'm officially not excited.

Comment

Not so much around here. The overwhelming majority of these birds around here are native and are wise to any trick you think you can pull!

We'll still go after them though, for about 15 minutes, until we're all sweated completely down.

Comment

We are in LaSalle county and have had tons of birds. I am guessing the rain yesterday and today has pushed them out. Saw flights of dove like old days in Mexico yesterday, scattered now I am sure.

Comment

I'm pumped.

There are birds right now on my buddy's place. Let's see if they stick around. But, we roast a pig and have a fun crew every year, so I am pumped about that even if there are no birds.

Comment

Working...
                                X