Cross-Dominance Or Mixed Handedness. How Many Of You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
    Right handed and right eye dominant. Fish left handed. Even my bait caster is left handed. I do one other thing left handed but I don’t care to talk about it at this time.

Hah! You crack me up!

Comment

I'm about half and half. Write right handed, shoot right handed, fishing reels it doesn't matter and anything with a sweeping or swinging motion is left handed. I was going to be completely left handed, but I had an old widow woman first grade teacher that converted me. She was raised thinking left handed people were evil.

Comment

I’m left handed. (Write, eat, etc) and right armed (throwing , bow, rifle). But I kick left footed. And use a hammer with either hand.

Comment

My son is naturally ambidextrous. At 2 years old he would switch hit off a tee, throw with both hands and color with both. He drives his tennis coach nuts because he never hits a backhand. He just switches hands to his forehand. He can shoot both handed. It is really handy when we have tons of right hand shooters in the goose spread. I put him on the left end and he can cover that side really well. I bought him a browning BPS because it ejects straight down and doesn’t m as with his line of sight.

Comment

Write left handed

Paint left and right handed

Throw a ball right handed

Catch a ball right handed

Bat left and right handed

Shoot a pistol left and right handed

Shoot a rifle left and right handed

Shoot a bow left handed

Hammer with both left and right handed

Wrench both left and right handed

Use a drill with both left and right hands

Sweep left and right handed

Load magazines left and right handed

I use a fork primarily with my left hand, but can use my right hand too.

When I snow boarded I could board equally well with either foot forward.

I really am ambidextrous with most things, but a few things I’m just not coordinated enough to do so.
            Last edited by 91cavgt; 08-23-2022, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Since childhood and playing sports from 5 years old I am right hand dominant and left foot dominant.

I could always bat really well on both sides but tried writing left hand a couple times and no go.

Shoot bow and gun right handed. Spinning reel always left. Took a while to get used to a bait casting reel.

Like Geezy, when its time for some strange the left hand is dominant.....Haha.

I'll put my whiskey down now.

J

Comment

I’m equally dominant with both hand but right eyed dominate. I own both right and left handed bows and rifles.

Comment

When I had right shoulder rotator cuff surgery, I became "left hand dominant" for a while.

I learned how to do everything single handedly from eating pasta, to wiping butt, to putting on tooth paste on tooth brush, to bathing and dry. It was of my greatest challenges in life to convert body dominance.

Comment

Working...
                  X