No announcement yet.

10th Annual Panhandle Hunting Thread - 2022-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly. Lots of scrappers in this herd. Check out this dude with blood all over his broken, jacked up antlers... dude behind him is broken off too, looks like.

Comment

Glad I’m not the only one.
      My target buck I wanted to get and ultimately gave a pass to had broken his g2 clean off, so Hope to get him next year. Looking at pictures he busted it around November 9th or 10th.

Guess I will be dedicating more time in October with a bow….

Comment

Look at it this way, hopefully the busted up big boys will get a pass from the neighbors as well; thus, bigger next year for you to kill in October

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
          Look at it this way, hopefully the busted up big boys will get a pass from the neighbors as well; thus, bigger next year for you to kill in October
          Agreed.

Poachers don't care, though.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

True.

Fortunately we have had very little issues with poachers. Our issue is the yahoos to the east of us where the property has been leased to an outfitter and self-proclaimed preacher who runs scorched earth with his hunters......could go on for pages about that group....

They will shoot anything and everything, regardless of horn or deer size, busted up or not.

Comment

Congrats, Kry and RedYote! Ain't hunting grand?!

Comment

Originally posted by Top Of Texas View Post
                Congrats, Kry and RedYote! Ain't hunting grand?!
                Thank you, sir! It is!

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                  True.

Fortunately we have had very little issues with poachers. Our issue is the yahoos to the east of us where the property has been leased to an outfitter and self-proclaimed preacher who runs scorched earth with his hunters......could go on for pages about that group....

They will shoot anything and everything, regardless of horn or deer size, busted up or not.
                  Do you hunt out west of Wellington?

Comment

Had our second morning sit of the year Saturday. We couldn’t get a shot off on the first 2 mature bucks we saw but my 13 yo dropped this one at 290. It was awesome, I think my longest kill shot is 225. He salted the antlers and put them in his backyard. When he got home from church his dogs had buried them in the barn but they were fine, it just took him awhile to find them.

Good luck out there this weekend!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Congrats! Lucky to find one not too busted up this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                        Congrats! Lucky to find one not too busted up this time of year.
                        Thanks. It had the broken brow on the right and a small g4 broken off the left but he likes the “character” which is fine with me. I told him we could probably fix it but he didn’t want to, it’s already hanging on the wall.

Comment

Looks like the 2nd rut is kicking off. Got a new buck on cam yesterday. Best one I've seen all year and I'm really surprised he's not busted up.

For his age, his rack should be bigger I think, but that also goes along with what most folks have observed for antlers this year.

Comment

Working...
                          X