No announcement yet.

Establishing Fence Row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always do the survey. Found a neighbor had drilled a well 6' into my property. No way was I giving up my property due to his mistake. State said plug and abandon cause there was plenty of room for another well away from property lines.

Comment

Find a dozer operator that uses gps. Getting from point A to point B now days is simple when you embrace the available technology.

Comment

After the big tornado a few years ago our west fence line here at the house was a train wreck. My cousin had it lease at that time for his cows. The neighbor paid his 50% and then my cousin and I both paid 25% each. It was a little over 1/2 a miles. My cost was just under $10,000. That was a survey, dozer work, all the brush burned.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Then did you steal 6’ of his land with an old survey or not? Either way he was ok with it so it’s all good I guess.
          The survey confirmed it was his dirt so he didn't steal anything no matter where the fence was previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
            We had a surveyor from town come out and mark the corners.
            We did this, but we also had them mark the line every 200 feet because we could not see corner to corner. Also, a licensed surveyor is the only one who's marks will withstand a court trial.

Be sure to use a surveyor that uses digital tech and GPS station. Almost all do but every now and then, you will find one who is old school.
            Last edited by Dusty Britches; 08-11-2022, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
              Contact adjacent landowners and let them know what your plans are as far as fencing. This might enable you to get a better 'clear line' for fencing. Some should share the cost.
              Is this a lot or acreage? To the specific question, yes, a fence builder 'should' be able to follow the survey lines if they are marked well.
              This.
              If you have good neighbors they should get with you and share the cost.
              I have some really good neighbors and some not good at all.

Comment

Then did you steal 6’ of his land with an old survey or not? Either way he was ok with it so it’s all good I guess.

Sounds like he used the survey to reclaim 6’ of his property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The original plot of the neighborhood showed all the lot sizes. Who put in the first fence split the distance between my house and my neighbors never looking at the o/e plot.
                  When I bought the house we got it surveyed and the west fence was way off.
                  Our neighbor was great and we stayed friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                    The original plot of the neighborhood showed all the lot sizes. Who put in the first fence split the distance between my house and my neighbors never looking at the o/e plot.
                    When I bought the house we got it surveyed and the west fence was way off.
                    Our neighbor was great and we stayed friends...

Sweet! That worked out well for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                      We did this, but we also had them mark the line every 200 feet because we could not see corner to corner. Also, a licensed surveyor is the only one who's marks will withstand a court trial.

Be sure to use a surveyor that uses digital tech and GPS station. Almost all do but every now and then, you will find one who is old school.
                      Do this, also recently any property surveys I’ve been part of lately I have the surveyor drive t post at marked locations. Corners or marks along a straight line. Makes fence construction much easier and give piece of mind to both land owners. Way harder to pull a t post and move property line if you have bad neighbor, rather than a little orange flag. Also helps cattle can’t pick it up or rain wash away paint marks only.

Comment

Surveyor should be able to blaze a line through the brush between the points. I’d ask the neighbors to split the cost so boundary’s can be set in stone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just had a surveyor mark a mile of fencing for me. They marked the spot with GPS and I drove a t post. Property burned so new fences were needed. I didnt read survey when I bought property. But half the fence was 50 feet off survey. The other half went from 1 ft to 104 ft off at a corner. I plan on giving neighbors a heads up because the fence and survey look to be 300ft off on other neighbors. The property line runs 30-50 from a wedding venue recently built. But I think they figured the fence line was the property line which was 200 ft off. Pay close attention to survey when you buy a property and make sure its marked.

Comment

Working...
                          X