No announcement yet.

Grizzly Unit 23 - Alaska Bound!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard the guides were going to keep him all season as they took a shining to Oscar’s Grizzly gumbo.

Comment

At this point I think he is just messing with us.

Comment

If an Indian girl took me down a river in a canoe my wife would have me retrieved within the hour.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
          I just talked to Oscar. He fell down a mountain and had to be airlifted. The helicopter crashed and they sent another one and it got lost. Texas Equusearch went on horse back to drag him out but the rope broke and griz ate 2 horses. They gave up as O ain't worth 2 horses. Then the Mounties tried but were held back by the summer heat wave. Then some Indian girl took him down a river in a canoe and they don't know where they are. Something about a motel or igloo or something.

Mounties? How did he end up in Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
            Mounties? How did he end up in Canada?
            Mutual aid, bro.

Comment

Hey Yall,
              All is good, and I truly and grateful folks on TBH were getting concerned Been a worldwind 36 hours as dad was back in hospital in Louisiana when I got back to Fairbanks to check-in. Rising creeks and river got us slowed down after day 2 or 3. Let me start by saying, THE TRIP WAS EXCELLENT! Regrettably, the bear I had pegged (a true MONSTER) did not participate and when the creek rose on us the salmon fishing died big time......except the young bears and sows w/cubs! We hunted super hard to try to make something happen but the big boys were no where to be found with constant rising waters. We could not even navigate the river to try a beach front stand about 1/2 mile away.
              I am hoping to get back to the UNIT before this tag expires in October......so lets just call this a intermission period as the hunt will hopefully continue!

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
              You are my new hero!!! Sending you a pm!
              I got it sir, Anytime!
              Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
              Which outfitter?
              Denali Hunts out of Fairbanks! First class owners, Stan & Dorothy!
              Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
              Ok, Oscar. Where's the bear?
              Still in the bush......but I am far from done!
              Originally posted by Bill View Post
              Git r done, Oscar! Griz with a bow is crazy. What backup weapon are you or guide carrying?

We do everything we can to avoid them here in Montana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              My guide Carl had a huuuuuuge long barrel handgun......44 magnum I think. A few years ago when i tried I carried a 500 Smith & Wesson Casul.
              Originally posted by bsills View Post
              Hahahahahha, I believe that. I bet he’s seen something he’s after and it might take a while.
              U nailed it! Once i saw the difference in a 20 year old grizzly boar and a 10 or 12 year old boar........it was not even a question of what we were pursuing!
              Originally posted by trhunter View Post
              At this point I think he is just messing with us.
              Nah......i truly attempt NOT to do that with TBHers as it is important to me to memoralize my trips. This story and notes/pictures are basically my version of a blog or journal of what my archery career has been. Again, I apologize but life was waiting for me as soon as I got a cell signal.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                I just talked to Oscar. He fell down a mountain and had to be airlifted. The helicopter crashed and they sent another one and it got lost. Texas Equusearch went on horse back to drag him out but the rope broke and griz ate 2 horses. They gave up as O ain't worth 2 horses. Then the Mounties tried but were held back by the summer heat wave. Then some Indian girl took him down a river in a canoe and they don't know where they are. Something about a motel or igloo or something.

While this was the original story that leaked, I have it on good authority that it was just a cover story. In fact Oscar didn’t even really go up there to hunt, he went on a secret mission to investigate a Russian ballot printing factory. Once on the scene he realized that the operation was bigger than he can handle by his self. He is now hiding out in a cave waiting on Buck Medley and Chuck Norris to parachute in, for back up. I will keep you posted with the details as they become available.

Comment

A lil fishing for "tarpon of the north"......Sheefish. I caught 4 or 5 in 45 minutes. These critters have never seen a lure....lol. [emoji23] On the beach after drop-off was plenty of tracks, trails and bear crap.[emoji3166]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Random pics! Shot a few arrows at 30 yds or so across Selly creek. Momma and cubs everywhere. Cool breakdown boat and my corner of the pop up blind.

Comment

Welcome back. I'm glad you had a great time.

Comment

Great book I read in 1 looong day.....riveting story! [emoji2962]Salmon in the creek were just getting started on day 2. The SoLeo device along with a SAT phone were priceless.......unfortunately not able to reach TBH on either![emoji2955]

Comment

Alright!

Comment

A few up close and personal with bears!

Comment

Bears and fish constantly!

Comment

did the bears ever give you any attention up there on the platform? anything that made you nervous??

Comment

Working...
                                X