2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
    Their ‘shreak’ when the flush is in-mistakable.

2X! Also, the flight pattern when on the wing after a flush can be similar to a dove's with the dipping and darting motion while flying away. Very fast birds. Sometimes when they work the edge of a shoreline, they will flush out over the water, get so far out, then turn to parallel the bank. Then come back to the bank. If you're ever hunting them where they are working large clumps of vegetation that is at or above shoulder height, in more open areas, send a dog to the other side of the vegetation to flush them out on your side.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
      I need to hunt snipe with someone. I've tried to get a fix on which birds are snipe and which aren't. I'm still not comfortable shooting them and have no idea where to hunt them. And, like Mike, I never heard of a snipe decoy and wouldn't know what to do with one anyway.
      If you get around them enough, you recognize their flight, shape, and sounds. I can understand it being difficult to distinguish between Yellowlegs.. Killdeer.. Dowitchers.. but you can do it.
      Lesto!!

Comment

Hammered them today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          Hammered them today!

Congrats! Fun times there!

Comment

Hammered them today!

Nice job!

Comment

Man yesterday was to much fun and pending Wednesday’s iffy weather forecast I’ll probably try to sneak in an evening hunt.

Had multiple people on social media shocked that snipe hunting was legit haha

Kills me everytime

Comment

Had multiple people on social media shocked that snipe hunting was legit haha

Kills me everytime
                And, it doesn’t involve a paper sack and a flashlight

Comment

The jokes boar me when they start. Then they just look at me funny like I'm crazy.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Hammered them today!

There ya go!
                    Lesto!!

Comment

Anyone know when early teal will be for 23/24 season?

I hope its not 9-9-23 to 9-24-23, which the 24th is the last Sunday of September.

Would much prefer 9-16-23 to 10-1-23, but I thought I read somewhere once that the season had to end in September.

Comment

The 1st set of dates. ET can't run into Oct.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                          Anyone know when early teal will be for 23/24 season?

I hope its not 9-9-23 to 9-24-23, which the 24th is the last Sunday of September.

Would much prefer 9-16-23 to 10-1-23, but I thought I read somewhere once that the season had to end in September.

More than likely 9/9

Comment

What's everyone's opinion on Tanglefree decoys? They have a sale right now and I might buy a couple dozen. Is there really a difference from brand to brand?

Comment

Heyday specializes in duck hunting gear such as Hydrofoam decoys, Texas rigs, and more! Look no further when it comes to all your waterfowl hunting needs!

Tangle free is way to go! This is a company started by a TBHer

Comment

Originally posted by Roman AB View Post
                                What's everyone's opinion on Tanglefree decoys? They have a sale right now and I might buy a couple dozen. Is there really a difference from brand to brand?
                                I wouldn't waste the money on Tanglefree. Just not that great in my opinion. Rogers sporting goods is having their huge sale right now, I would give that a look then decide.

Comment

Working...
                                X