Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
    I crunched some numbers this evening.

I hunted all 16 days of early teal and 58 days of the 74 day regular season.

Traveled approximately 14,202 miles chasing ducks this season. Sure wish I could be chasing in the morning!

Already planning for next September.

CONGRATS to everyone this season!

Enjoyed all the pics and stories!
    Name checks out

Good season David

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

The season left a lot to be desired with low noted numbers. Today was no different. We got up at 4am, drive an hour, sat in the rain in the dark and then the COLD north wind hit at daylight. We managed to kill a 1 man between the 4 of us before we decided to get out of the cold. Action was super slow. Had a dozen red heads fly over as we were loading the truck. [emoji2957]

It was still fun though. How long til opening day?

Comment

Saw 4 flights total. Only a pair gave us a look from 70 yards out. Got rained on with 22+ mph winds. Some gust to 30. Boat got stuck and spent an hour just get-n it unstuck. Lake level was lower than I thought. So didn't get to where I wanted to get. I dressed for 50s. Wore my light long john top. Even left the rain hood on my rain jacket at home. Started with hippers. But took my heavy waders just in case. And a Gortex Bonnie. That probably saved me . Thank you Lord !

When I got back to the ramp at 2PM, and got the boat loaded to go home, the wind laid down quite a bit. And the rain stopped. No more whitecaps on the water. Not a shot fired. 33 degrees when I got home. What happened to the 50s we were supposed to have ? But still got to get out at least once this season.

On to next year!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2F7AE02C-5D12-48D9-B0F1-36EBC69E60F1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	24705202

Finished out with two woodies this morning. With the rain last week the water at my lease came up a ton and really spread the birds out.

Comment

Way to go guys, especially DUCKFVR. Yall tore them up as always. Seems like yall have great hunts and those early teal hunts are a beat down. Congrats to all. Hoping to get in on the action next year with some habitat improvements

Comment

Traveled approximately 14,202 miles chasing ducks this season. Sure wish I could be chasing in the morning!

One day I plan to take your approach and hunt all season. I am sure it’s a grind but you make it look easy. Thanks for taking us along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

David you are a bad azz . I sure hope to spend a day in my boat again. Great job my friend

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

We had a decent season hunting a pond at our south texas deer camp. I planned on shooting some woodies at my inlaws this weekend but ended up having to work all weekend. Dropping a green wing off at the taxidermist tomorrow which I'm pretty excited about, haven't had one mounted in about 15 years.

Comment

Just got back from hunting flooded rice fields in Arkansas and we had a good hunt even though the birds were being shy. I ended up getting a really nice drake mallard and pintail plus a few others. Now to find a good taxi to set them done!

Comment

Slow season for me. Scout to hunt ratio was 7 to 1. Still. That's hunting and especially duck hunting. Enjoy the ride and you'll never be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                        One day I plan to take your approach and hunt all season. I am sure it’s a grind but you make it look easy. Thanks for taking us along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Thanks Pin Oak!!
                        The only part that gets to be a grind at times is the driving. Closet place I have is a 3 hour round trip. Other than that I truly can not get enough of being out there. Whether hunting or just driving the roads watching birds I love it!
                        Congrats on Y'alls season too! Great hunts! A REALLY Big thumbs up to you for all the habitat work you do. Without landowners like you the birds would suffer more on the habitat front. You put your money in it & it shows your true love of it too! I have a place in north Tx & litttle by little trying to improve the ponds I have. If this drought would break it would help. I wish I had the groundwater to drill a well.
                        Please update us on some of what you do through the year!

Good Luck & Take Care!

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                          Spent the last 4 days hunting seaducks in the northeast. Cape Cod, Massachusetts area to be exact. Hunted different areas every day. Shot common eiders, surf scoters, white wing scoters, oldsquaw, and Atlantic brant. Had an absolute blast hunting out of layout boats.

Capt. Andrew Gibbs and Jared Hughes put us on some incredible birds. Check em out at

Marsh River Outfitters is home to Maine's most versatile registered Maine guides. We offer trips from trapping, to the famous gunning of sea ducks on the rugged coastline. We offer trophy black bear, whitetail, and turkey hunting.

Wow! Congratulations!!! Someday I'll do that.... I hope!
                          Lesto!!

Comment

Me & John had a good hunt this AM. John took a different gun & unfortunately didn't fit him good. Cost him a couple of birds.
                            1 more day & then despair & depression. LOL!

Still is a great time with your son!! I don't get with my son as much as I would like...
                            Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                              Some nice straps posted today. Congrats all!

Epic trip CTR. Big time bucket list. Great pics.

We had a really fun widge shoot this am. All the birds just ate it up and dropped straight into the kill hole. If tomorrow is a gar hole then today was a great way to end the season.

We walked to a blind to go take pics of some deer tonight and this guy was under the stand.
                              Fun stuff.
                              Congratulations, Adam! Looks like a blast! Except for the rattler... EEK!
                              Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                                Two man to end it this morning. Not going to sit in the rain tomorrow.
                                Gorgeous blue wings. Congratulations!
                                Lesto!!

Comment

Working...
                                X