No announcement yet.

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics Livin and Mr. FVR! Still stacking’ ‘em up.

Comment

We had a good shoot yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buddy didn’t get off work till 6:30 am last Thursday so I ran to the hole, set everything up and got ready for shooting light. He showed up about 15 minutes after legal and right as I was picking up my 6th bird. Got to sit down and watch him shoot his limit in the next 30 minutes.

Had something crazy happen as well, I went 6/6. 6 shots, 6 dead ducks. May never do it again, but it sure was fun to do once.

Y’all hustle this weekend! Stay after em while we can.

Comment

Bailed on setting up a woodie hunt this AM due to weather projects..... Of course the weather held off until 9ish and I could've gone.....

Comment

I’m hoping there’s a push to end afternoon hunting on private ground up here in the coming years.

I’ve never seen more nocturnal ducks than the last couple of years and I think it has everything to do with pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
              We had a good shoot yesterday.

Heck of a shoot. Where are y’all at?

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                I’m hoping there’s a push to end afternoon hunting on private ground up here in the coming years.

I’ve never seen more nocturnal ducks than the last couple of years and I think it has everything to do with pressure.
                Honestly, Im surprised they havent done that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post
                  Honestly, Im surprised they havent done that yet.
                  Afternoon duck hunting was sacrilege growing up, but not everyone’s raised the same!

A lot of it up here is “outfitters” goose hunting the afternoons, but they duck hunt afternoons too.

I get the pressure to get their hunters birds, but somewhere the line blurs where you’re exploiting a public resource for profit.

I’d be good with no hunting after 10am. I think people would be surprised how much that would help.

Comment

Afternoon duck hunting was sacrilege growing up, but not everyone’s raised the same!

A lot of it up here is “outfitters” goose hunting the afternoons, but they duck hunt afternoons too.

I get the pressure to get their hunters birds, but somewhere the line blurs where you’re exploiting a public resource for profit.

I’d be good with no hunting after 10am. I think people would be surprised how much that would help.
                    Some of my best timber shoots up there have been between 10-12 (mandatory get out of woods time). The birds would even get smart to that and begin to pour in after noon.

Comment

I'm super against any kind of government oversight but I agree on there needing to be some sort of restriction on all these guide services that are profiting off a public resource. There needs to be some sort of guide license. Would weed out a bunch of the fly by night guide services and cut way back on pressure.

Comment

I'm still waiting on impellers that were supposed to be here last Friday. Got orders with two different companies now. Hoping I can make the last weekend.

If nothing else, I'll be ready to "fish hunt" for crappie and sandies.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                          I'm super against any kind of government oversight but I agree on there needing to be some sort of restriction on all these guide services that are profiting off a public resource. There needs to be some sort of guide license. Would weed out a bunch of the fly by night guide services and cut way back on pressure.

I’m arkansas you can’t guide on public I believe. Definitely can’t on their wmas

Comment

Yep those speck guides aren’t going to tell their clients not to shoot ducks

Comment

Me & the pup had a good hunt in some wild weather this AM. Got western for awhile with some 40 + mph gust.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                                I agree completely. Wish they would outlaw waterfowl guiding on public land/water. License fee starting about 10k would be good if we aren't going to shut down public guiding. Make them take a test/course to get the license too.

Comment

Working...
                                X