No announcement yet.

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received a last second invite to go North of houston and had a solid hunt with 14 between 4 of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Me, The Wife & my Son made a trip with a buddy that guides today near Matty. Birds were super skittish in the clear calm conditions, But we scratched out 9. The highlight of the trip was riding in the beast as we called his can am set up for marsh use. Truly a great time & celebrated my wife's retirement yesterday. We are free to run wherever now. Can't wait to start enjoying the ranch etc together now.

TheBeast

Last edited by DUKFVR; 01-07-2023, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Anyone have a report on Garwood currently? I got invited on a hunt down there in a couple days.

Comment

Found some teal early this am. Done flying around 8. Last few weeks are probably going to be tough.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            Me, The Wife & my Son made a trip with a buddy that guides today near Matty. Birds were super skittish in the clear calm conditions, But we scratched out 9. The highlight of the trip was riding in the beast as we called his can am set up for marsh use. Truly a great time & celebrated my wife's retirement yesterday. We are free to run wherever now. Can't wait to start enjoying the ranch etc together now.

TheBeast

Glad y'all had a nice family hunt. Congratulations to the wife on retirement!!
            Lesto!!

Comment

Me and my boy had a good hunt today in the rain. Not alot of movement but we scratched out 9.
              Not much shooting around us at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                Glad y'all had a nice family hunt. Congratulations to the wife on retirement!!
                Thanks Les!

Comment

A couple of fun hunts this weekend. Mixed in a little cast with the blast.

Comment

Congrats Pin Oak!

Comment

Some pretty drakes, Pin Oak.

I bet that marsh buggy was fun, Dave.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Smoked the grey ducks in matagorda this weekend

Comment

Slow movement this morning in the fog. I ended up with 5.

Comment

Nice straps POD and Buck

Had a tough couple hunts over the weekend where the birds didn't want to play nice. Today made up for it though. Buddy and I made a quick hunt before work and ended up with a cool little strap in the thick fog. If my partner's shooting would have been on, the hen on the right would have had a matching drake can and sprig to go with her. He wasn't, so they aren't .
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                              Nice straps POD and Buck

Had a tough couple hunts over the weekend where the birds didn't want to play nice. Today made up for it though. Buddy and I made a quick hunt before work and ended up with a cool little strap in the thick fog. If my partner's shooting would have been on, the hen on the right would have had a matching drake can and sprig to go with her. He wasn't, so they aren't .
                              Nice!

Comment

Hunted the past two weekends in the fog. New Year’s Eve was particularly nasty with birds simply appearing over your spread seemingly just coming into existence the moment you saw them. It was the strangest hunting ever. Nonetheless we had a 4 man limit “jump shooting” over decoys. This past weekend wasn’t quite as bad. We couldn’t see our decoys when the sun came up but it burned off in minutes and hung over us at a few hundred feet altitude. We had our 4 man in 51 minutes. It’s been a spectacular season but for me it’s over. Heading to Asia for work and kids bday parties when I return to round out the season. Blessed to chase them for one more year

Comment

Working...
                                X