No announcement yet.

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reports are still slow around Anahuac up up near dallas....

Few birds now then last year at this time after a record drought and worst hatch in decades.... Frustrating but what can you do I suppose.

Comment

Ya, very few birds in NTX right now. Hearing reports of very few birds in the panhandle as well.

Comment

Still have a pretty fair number of birds on the property out of Markham.. Getting pretty tough to get them to decoy....
        Lesto!!

Comment

Most of the guys in our club in Nada are crane and goose hunting now. The ducks just aren't there or aren't cooperating.

Comment

I think the warmer days we had the past week has sent the birds elsewhere here in north Texas. Most of what I saw on tanks have left. It was like this last year till last week of the season when we got a good cold snap. And all the birds arrived.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

We have a lot of water over here now, which is good. It’s given them areas to spread out in and made the hunts a little longer, but there seems to be quite a few ducks around and good numbers of mallards. Christmas cold front pushed them down, we got water, then warmer weather sent what flew over us, back.

I was surprised, but when we locked up for that week, we really didn’t lose much. When it thawed out we got the big rains and it created ideal conditions.

Comment

Kansas between Christmas and New Years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post
                    Kansas between Christmas and New Years

Awesome and very jealous sir!

Comment

We found a few birds yesterday & went back in today. they decided they wanted to be about 200 yards over. We managed a few for a good shoot .

Comment

Awesome hunts Tex21 and DUFKR. I am almost to my gate at Pin Oak. Can’t wait to start my scouting drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                          Awesome hunts Tex21 and DUFKR. I am almost to my gate at Pin Oak. Can’t wait to start my scouting drive.

Good Luck this weekend!

Comment

Well done gents!

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Very nice, guys!
                              Lesto!!

Comment

42 this morning. We lit some big groups!

We put decoys in this spot about a week ago and there’s something the geese don’t like about it.

Ducks were locking up and geese wouldn’t make more than one pass.

Comment

Working...
                                X