No announcement yet.

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a few really solid weekends. Last Saturday was done in 31 minutes and had to sit until 7:45 this Saturday haha! Been some great hunting. Little slower this morning with decoy shy picky birds

Comment

Congrats Wall Hanger!

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post

Checked off a number of birds this weekend.

Saturday got my limit of harlies and then a few Barrow’s goldeneye and buffleheads. Had a bad wind that kept the birds down.

Today was a different story. Miserable weather but we put a beat down on them. Killed a pile of barrow’s, a common and a red breasted merganser drakes, two harlies, bufflehead, and my first surf scoter. Taxi bill just went up.

Sea duck hunting is definitely something completely different but a lot of fun. Tough birds and tough to shoot, took quite a bit of adjustment to get the hang of it being used to killing puddlers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Where did you shoot those birds? Looks like a good hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
          Where did you shoot those birds? Looks like a good hunt!
          Alaska. We’re about 3/4 the way through duck season here. The most miserable waterfowl hunt my buddy or myself have ever done but once it was all over looking back probably one of the coolest experiences ever. It was an adventure from the time we left the dock Thursday til we got back to the truck tonight.

Comment

Had a good NTX hunt Sunday morning. 60 geese roosted on the tank that never came back after we scared them off, and most the ducks showed up before shooting light but we had a blast. Can't complain about early season mallards and my buddies 7 year old son shot his first duck, a gadwall drake. Can't beat being there for experiences like that! Ended up with 4 species Mallard, Gadwall, Ringneck, and Red Head.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Cool hunts for both of you. Diamond, I don't often think of Alaska as a duck destination but if I ever get up there I'm going to give it a try. One of these days I'm going to do the grand tour and starting in Alaska would be a blast.

Poppin, seeing someone be successful on their duck hunt is always a joy.

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
                Had a good NTX hunt Sunday morning. 60 geese roosted on the tank that never came back after we scared them off, and most the ducks showed up before shooting light but we had a blast. Can't complain about early season mallards and my buddies 7 year old son shot his first duck, a gadwall drake. Can't beat being there for experiences like that! Ended up with 4 species Mallard, Gadwall, Ringneck, and Red Head.

[IMG][/IMG]
                Congrats!

Comment

Me & my Gal hit the Garwood prairie this AM. VERY slow around me. Knocked one spoonie down & got 3 wigeons out of a bunch of 5. neither time did birds really work in. All I had chances for. Very little in air till I left about 10:30. Still a Great day chasing birds!!
                  Back at it in the morning somewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                    Cool hunts for both of you. Diamond, I don't often think of Alaska as a duck destination but if I ever get up there I'm going to give it a try. One of these days I'm going to do the grand tour and starting in Alaska would be a blast.

Poppin, seeing someone be successful on their duck hunt is always a joy.
                    Yes sir I wouldn’t exactly call it a duck destination except for sea ducks. If you’re chasing the waterfowl slam or love tough and different type hunts it’s a must. Next year I’ll be trying to knock off old squaw and the other scoters. After that it’ll be Brant and the eiders.

Comment

Incredible weekend on the prairie! Clouds of ducks both days. Felt like the good ole days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great pin oak! Congrats!
                        Looks like your plan to help the ducks worked!!!

Comment

Jeeze Pin Oak...that is a pile of ducks! What a sight!

Comment

Awesome work ya'll! We hunted a stand by the stock tank on my buddies place Friday morning and saw 5 widgeon and a pair of teal. Made me feel better for leaving all my duck stuff at home. Headed to Oklahoma after Thanksgiving dinner. Hopefully we can get into a few.

Comment

Looks like a heck of a time Pin Oak!

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Lots of birds on that lake/tank Pin Oak. Good to see others having success.

Comment

Working...
                                X