Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 150class View Post
    Well.... I would like to update that you cost me 2500$ not 1700 lol

Splurged for the new A7iv body and snaged a sigma art 24-70. Will be using that and the 100-400 I have until Bonus's roll in next month and I will probably get the new Sony 70-200 f2.8 II. Was just going to get the OSS I but with the new lens being over 16 oz lighter and the focus/AF advancements I will probably spend the extra 1000$ and do that

And If I touch my shotgun a single time the rest of the season after snagging that lens and these other upgrades I am going to punch myself lol

HA!! Great equipment! I'm sure you will enjoy it. Can't wait to see the photos.

Good luck, guys. Headed to Blanco today, but we have dux there, too.
    Lesto!!

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
      HA!! Great equipment! I'm sure you will enjoy it. Can't wait to see the photos.

Have a Great weekend Les!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
        Have a Great weekend Les!
        Shannon and I were on the east shore of Trinity Tuesday fishing and we saw a LOT of Pintails flying over the bay and into the marsh. We were both surprised.

Good luck!
        Lesto!!

Comment

Gonna give it a go Sunday morning before church. Fingers Crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post

I miss hunting the wigeonheads on that place

Send us a duck report from there

Crazy that today is the anniversary day of the Armistice Day storm and there's a big front blowing in today too. Tough day in waterfowl history.

Comment

Good Luck Everyone!!

Comment

Wind should make for a sporty shoot

Comment

Currently have 5 axis, 4 pigs and 7 deer in front of me now but was wishing I was in the duck blind!

Good luck to those hunting!

Comment

The strong north wind this morning made for some sporty shooting but we wrapped up a 4 man in about an hour.

Comment

Limits for me & my son this AM. Friends in Garwood had a good shoot too.

Comment

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

Checked off a number of birds this weekend.

Saturday got my limit of harlies and then a few Barrow’s goldeneye and buffleheads. Had a bad wind that kept the birds down.

Today was a different story. Miserable weather but we put a beat down on them. Killed a pile of barrow’s, a common and a red breasted merganser drakes, two harlies, bufflehead, and my first surf scoter. Taxi bill just went up.

Sea duck hunting is definitely something completely different but a lot of fun. Tough birds and tough to shoot, took quite a bit of adjustment to get the hang of it being used to killing puddlers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tried a new recipe today and it was a hit.
                          We did hibachi night at the house for some neighbors and as an app i winged up a recipe for some “asian teal poppers” from the greenies we killed yesterday.
                          Marinated the breast In teriyaki/soy sauce then sliced them thinly. While the pan was heating up i cut up some celery sticks to bite size pcs and field them with cream cheese. Quick sear in the pan for the teal and then placed them on top of the cream cheese filled celery. Drizzled some teriyaki over the top and sprinkled with sesame seed.
                          All in took about 10 min and were delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post

Checked off a number of birds this weekend.

Saturday got my limit of harlies and then a few Barrow’s goldeneye and buffleheads. Had a bad wind that kept the birds down.

Today was a different story. Miserable weather but we put a beat down on them. Killed a pile of barrow’s, a common and a red breasted merganser drakes, two harlies, bufflehead, and my first surf scoter. Taxi bill just went up.

Sea duck hunting is definitely something completely different but a lot of fun. Tough birds and tough to shoot, took quite a bit of adjustment to get the hang of it being used to killing puddlers.

Very nice!
                            Congrats!

Comment

Me and my boy had another good one today. Limits with mostly teal. Had a pintail, gaddy and spoony thrown in.
                              Last edited by DUKFVR; 11-13-2022, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Did a little belly crawl action and managed a nice gadwall hen tonight

Comment

Working...
                                X