For those who own a business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
    Where are they going to find 86,000 people that want to work?
    Inner cities - more government jobs. Pay for those votes.

Comment

No
      Not really that is what my CPA is for
      No-I work 24/7 all of us that own businesses do so when I wake up it is a business expense to take a shower!

onward,

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
        No
        Who isn’t? But at same time we pay a cpa dang good money to worry about that for us.
        Nope, will just continue to have our CPA do their thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Do CPAs worry? Every CPA I ever used makes me sign something that says they are not liable for jack squat and if I get audited I pay CPA hourly rates.

Comment

1. Yes
          2. No
          3. No

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            1. Have you ever been audited by the IRS?
            2. Were you in past years worried you will eventually be audited?
            3. Are you going to start doing anything different now that they are going to hire 86,000 new IRS agents?

My answers.
            1. No
            2. I was always worried. Because it would be a huge pain and cost lots of money to prove the company paid enough in taxes. That and we all know taxes can be done 1,000 different ways so there's no telling the BS they'd come up with.
            3. I don't have a business anymore but I'd sure walk the straight and narrow line and spend extra time documenting it with CPA.
            My ansers pretty well mirror yours. When I was in business we had an ex-IRS agent as our CPA so I felt pretty good about that. In retrospect, that was nearly 20 years ago and it was truly a far different atmosphere.

Comment

Just started my "business" this year, retro to Jan 1...I don't have the slightest idea what I'm doing as far as taxes go so hired a CPA 2 weeks ago to try and manage that end of it...we'll see how it goes! I'll prob ly get audited now...lol

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, twice. Owed more money (due to an entry error on my part) the first time, nothing the second time.

I was always worried, but now that I’ve been there a couple of times, I’m not worried.

No.

Comment

Right opposite of what we were told. But I suppose I was dumb to question the new IRS agents LOL

Comment

I have a small business(LLC with rental properties). Yes we have been audited due to errors my tax person at the time made. The auditor said our books were better than 95% of business owners but that the error was still on us. The only thing we do different now is we have a different tax guy.

Comment

After what I have paid the last 3yrs, if I get audited I will probably lose the ability to be civil and end up in jail.

Comment

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/s...34015309013412

Right opposite of what we were told. But I suppose I was dumb to question the new IRS agents LOL
                        Too expensive to get tied up in big audits so take the low hanging fruit 🙄

Comment

Yes
                          No
                          No

Comment

Originally posted by ForEverlast View Post
                            No
                            Not really that is what my CPA is for
                            No-I work 24/7 all of us that own businesses do so when I wake up it is a business expense to take a shower!

onward,
                            So true. I have two businesses and usually take two showers a day.

Comment

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/s...34015309013412

I bet of the remaining 37%, 36% audited had income of $201k-399k, with a single percent for $400k+….

Comment

Yes, we have been audited over the last 22 years.
                                Yes, will probably be audited again.
                                No, we do things by the book but it is not unusual for them to inquire about various sections of our returns.

Comment

Working...
                                X