Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else single and emptynester in their 40's or early 50s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
    Some good advice above
    Even though your son will move out one day he’s still going to need guidance, advice as faces life & its challenges
    I get what you are saying on the day to day without him around but motivation of continuing to be a role model for him and for him to know you will always be there to advise & support him
    Other that Smart & Hogmauler spot on advice
    I have 2 other kids, both adults now, and my oldest ( daughter 21yo ) calls, texts, and visits regularly. This is nice, since she hated me from about age 15 thru 18 or 19. She told my mom that Im her best friend. The one that lives with me doesnt hate me yet thankfully. So I wont be totally "alone", I dont think.

Maybe grandkids will change things, but in no rush to get any of those....

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
      Have any interest in fitness? I have a hard time relaxing and sitting still. Always on to the next thing. I picked up and interest in triathlon last year at 40. I’ve found that two hours of cardio a day will wipe away a lot of stress, help you clear your mind and relax. I had trouble sleeping before but not now. If you have the time it’s worth the effort.

There is nothing appealing to me about getting to my older years and sitting in a recliner in front of a tv wasting away. F that.
      Need to get in better shape, but no interest in going that hardcore. Not sure my ankle could handle it anyway. Broke it in 3 places and had to have surgery to repair it last year. Midlife crisis dirtbike riding

Getting in shape to hunt elk or mule deer, absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        You only get so many revolutions around the sun. Picture yourself on your death bed and try to come up with a list of regrets you might have. Then go about erasing those regrets and working on a bucket list while you can.

Semper Fi

Solid advice right there! Reflect and do what you can to make things better for yourself and others.

Comment

Having been there and done this, I would focus on what God wants you to do. You soon realize that what you want, as an individual, soon becomes minor. But it does open the door for more and fascinating experiences, including those of the outdoors. Just wait till the kids come back around. And start having babies. And watching those babies grow. You're there to help those babies too. And it's all a blessing, both the unpleasant and pleasant times. Our purpose in life is to serve Him. And we do that by serving others.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            Having been there and done this, I would focus on what God wants you to do. You soon realize that what you want, as an individual, soon becomes minor. But it does open the door for more and fascinating experiences, including those of the outdoors. Just wait till the kids come back around. And start having babies. And watching those babies grow. You're there to help those babies too. And it's all a blessing, both the unpleasant and pleasant times. Our purpose in life is to serve Him. And we do that by serving others.
            Boom! Glorify Him with your life. It’s not always easy. And it can’t be done without the Holy Spirit. I struggled a lot. Been married for 28 years and things didn’t always go the way I wanted. That’s why I mentioned getting yourself straightened out. Unless you find the source of the problem you can’t solve it.
            Most of us don’t/didn’t realize that we were never born into a Home Improvement life but rather a Saving Private Ryan. We’re all in a spiritual battle wether we know it or not. That’s not me talking. That’s the Bible.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Time to enjoy life….. have fun with your new found income. Live for yourself and not someone else. Do things you want to do and haven’t been able to do. Spoil grandkids when/if they come. If you want some companionship, date for an extended time that way you can abort if she shows signs of your ex.
              Do this

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                I can only hope I stay single and no kids until death do me part. There are way too many women on earth just to settle on one. That's stupid.

What do you do after you're done raising your kid? Ummm.....Let me see......how about have an awesome life and do whatever you want to do?
                With all due respect but ONE is plenty enough for me to handle

Comment

I would hope your son, is into hunting and fishing. I would get a good boat and learn some bay as best I could and take my son fishing as often as he is willing to go. Then try to take him hunting as much as you can afford to.

If I was single, and had money, I would be back to multiple of my hobbies, like I used to. I would be hunting and fishing often. If I had a son, who liked to hunt and fish also, that would make hunting and fishing a much more enjoyable.

Comment

Time to enjoy the fruits of your labor. And, not have to worry about what anyone else thinks about it. Both my sons are successful and on their own.

With it just being me and my blue lacy Beaux at home now we do what we want and when we want. Lots of things out there for a man to enjoy that will keep him plenty busy and occupied.

Comment

Strippers and blow!

In moderation, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Join a jiujitsu gym near you and go three times a week.
                        It’s a lot of fun, great exercise and typically some great people.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                          Do a search for boblee threads. He has some great ideas!
                          Hands down, end of story, close thread! Rip Boblee! Good grief

Comment

Just remember the three "F's" rule if it flies , floats or f@#$s rent it!

Comment

I have a good friend. Single for the last 15 years or so. Now 66 yrs old. Goes on 3-4 singles cruises, get togethers etc. These are people in their 50s-70s. He travels all over. Nashville, Bahamas, and many other places. Not sure how he found the group. But he enjoys his time. He jokingly says he has 5 girlfriends in 5 different states. I'm pretty sure it is 10 girl friends in 10 states.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                                I have a good friend. Single for the last 15 years or so. Now 66 yrs old. Goes on 3-4 singles cruises, get togethers etc. These are people in their 50s-70s. He travels all over. Nashville, Bahamas, and many other places. Not sure how he found the group. But he enjoys his time. He jokingly says he has 5 girlfriends in 5 different states. I'm pretty sure it is 10 girl friends in 10 states.

Sounds like. “Events and Adventures” they do a lot of radio ads around Dallas

Comment

Working...
                                X