Sleeping In Vs. HUNTING/FISHING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
    I used to poke fun at the guys in camp who would sleep in on some mornings. Now I find myself doing it once a season or so. Typically the decision is either driven by the weather or the previous nights' beverage intake.

One time my little brother came into my room on Christmas morning and asked if I was going hunting with him. It was a small piece of family land not far from the house. I had hunted several mornings in a row with no luck, so I said no, you go. He sat in the stand I had just hunted all week and arrowed a 151" 10pt, the biggest deer ever killed on the place.
    This is why you always get up in the mornings!! **** like this happens all too often.

Comment

For me it depends a bunch on the weather and how many days I'm going to be in deer camp. If it's 70 degrees overnight in Dec or Jan then I may well sleep in a day here and there, especially if I am going to be there for 4 or 5 days. When we get a cold front and for the days after the cold front until it warms back up I will be up and hunting.

I do really enjoy my deer camp naps though. Get up early, drink some coffee and watch the sun come up in the blind. Head in around 10am and cook a good breakfast, clean up and then... nap time.

Comment

I am not a morning person , so thats a hard yes.. Do most of my hunting /fishing in the afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          I make myself get up anyway and usually I’m glad I did once I’m on the stand and watch the darkness slowly disappear and birds start to chirp. There’s something special about listening to the world wake up from the view of a bow stand.
          x2

Comment

I'm the worst morning person I know, always have been. To this day if my dad is with me, he's gotta throw something at me to get my motor going in the morning. Over the years, it seems like I've killed a lot more deer in the afternoon, or maybe that is what I tell myself to justify my sleeping in.
            But I will say when spring time rolls around, I can get up before most fall asleep and be in the truck heading to the turkey woods. I'm real mad at them birds, probably because they're smarter then me!

Comment

Working...
            X