No announcement yet.

Soon to be no PB2 in TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang tough, I know you'll make the best of it.

Comment

Sorry for your loss and good luck on the new journey!

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
      No idea where to start with that. Looks like O'Brien county is a 1 Buck 0 doe county..
      working at a grain elevator I would imagine you meet alot of farmers, just start asking for permission to hunt!

Comment

Well
        My sister and I flew into DFW last Saturday and a buddy picked us up from the airport.

My wife already had a bunch of the house packed up. I got my hunting room desk area packed up. Today I go get the U-Haul and start on the garage. Friday we pack the U-Haul and Saturday we start the trip North.

It's been rough. I'm really feeling like I've made the wrong decision and I'm way too far into it to turn back now
        I know the feeing you are going thru. In January of 1992 I retired from my job in Houston and left my wife and kids there and began a new job in Colorado. I kissed them bye and got on the road headed north. As soon as I crossed the state line in Texline Tx Ole Satan really began to do a number on me. Excitement turned to anxiousness and then to doubt and finally to despair. When I got to Clayton NM it was storming and rainy and I stopped and called my wife.(Pay phone, no cellphones back then.) Told her I was turning around and coming home. She said you keep going north and turn it over to the Lord in prayer and you will have His answer soon enough. I kept going into the storm and praying the whole time. As I was praying asking God to show me what to do the skies broke and I was bathed in brilliant sunshine. I knew then that He was leading me where He wanted me to go. Seek His guidance and He will show you as well. I will be praying for you brother.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
          I know the feeing you are going thru. In January of 1992 I retired from my job in Houston and left my wife and kids there and began a new job in Colorado. I kissed them bye and got on the road headed north. As soon as I crossed the state line in Texline Tx Ole Satan really began to do a number on me. Excitement turned to anxiousness and then to doubt and finally to despair. When I got to Clayton NM it was storming and rainy and I stopped and called my wife.(Pay phone, no cellphones back then.) Told her I was turning around and coming home. She said you keep going north and turn it over to the Lord in prayer and you will have His answer soon enough. I kept going into the storm and praying the whole time. As I was praying asking God to show me what to do the skies broke and I was bathed in brilliant sunshine. I knew then that He was leading me where He wanted me to go. Seek His guidance and He will show you as well. I will be praying for you brother.
          Powerful words my friend….. thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Good luck up there ought to be some big deer around there

Comment

You got this. You will have the boss lady up there now with you making new memories. Send a text anytime you need to.

Comment

We left the house @ 0600

So far so good. Been blizzard like conditions by the house in Iowa

Comment

We'll be living in Primghar
                  Condolences to you.

My wife's family lives all in that area. Her grandparents, who both recently passed, lived on Sheldon and religiously went to the Lutheran Church in George. She's got aunts and uncles that currently live in Primghar, Hull, George, Boyden.. love that area. Her family is the Schoofs.

Her dad, born in 1964, graduated from George.
                  Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by hully1029; 12-17-2022, 08:04 AM.

Comment

We left the house @ 0600

So far so good. Been blizzard like conditions by the house in Iowa
                    Safe passage! Good luck with the move!

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                      Condolences to you.

My wife's family lives all in that area. Her grandparents, who both recently passed, lived on Sheldon and religiously went to the Lutheran Church in George. She's got aunts and uncles that currently live in Primghar, Hull, George, Boyden.. love that area. Her family is the Schoofs.

Her dad, born in 1964, graduated from George.
                      Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
                      I don't know any Schoofs.
                      Dad might have, he was 16 when they moved to town in `55.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. Good luck to you, and your new chapter in your life. Like some have said, ask local farmers for permission to hunt. I'm betting there are plenty of opportunities up there! Just because you don't live in Texas, don't mean you can't check in and be active on TBH.

Comment

Made it to Iowa

Comment

Made it to Iowa
                            Good deal. Hopefully it wasn’t that bad of a trip. Keepin touch but keep the cold weather up there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                              Good deal. Hopefully it wasn’t that bad of a trip. Keepin touch but keep the cold weather up there!!!
                              I'm sharing this with you [emoji1787][emoji56]

Comment

I'm sharing this with you [emoji1787][emoji56]
                                Your dang weather made it down here!!! Get this crap back up where your at.

Comment

Working...
                                X