No announcement yet.

amish hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We live in Davis county Iowa. The largest Amish community in Iowa is here in our county. Fortunately we do not have any Amish within 3-4 miles of us. I say fortunately because they will kill any and all deer that they have an opportunity to. I have not heard of poaching incidents, but they are poor conservationists and game managers. They keep their ground that they own pretty much shot out and you dang sure don't want to give them permission on your ground.

They are for the most part good people.....don't get me wrong....they are a cult.....but generally speaking good people. Their beliefs are their business.

Clip clop, clip clop, BANG!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arrowsmith; 08-05-2022, 06:25 AM.

Comment

We have run into them in the mountains in colorado while elk hunting. They are tough, I will give them that. Other people we talked to that had seen them in years passed said they come for a month and don't leave until they are all tagged out.

Comment

I have not personally yet but my mom is ex Amish, so I have quite a few cousins and family members on her side that hunt. My dad has hunted a few times up there with them as well. The only thing I can say is there are big deer up there.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmith View Post
          clip clop, clip clop, bang!!!

Sent from my sm-g965u using tapatalk

lmao!!!:d

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
            I’m in upstate New York now near Amish country and yes they hunt year round but don’t think there’s many monster bucks around the area. As I understand they may have an exemption to hunt year round which sounds odd but possible.
            Spent some time up around Cooperstown up to Syracuse area. We saw quite a few deer while driving around.

Visited a few sporting goods stores and from what I gather, bucks don't have much in the way of antlers up that way. But, looked like phenomenal bow hunting country.

We also saw some Amish fishing on the lake we were on, just outside Cooperstown.

Comment

Working...
            X