Atz
          Azle
          Buck
          Tick
          Sarge
          Radar

Comment

Major!
            Last edited by Smokeater; 08-05-2022, 03:20 PM.

Comment

keep in mind also, youre going to put his name in lots of reports. Asked his name in court. Asked his name by hundreds of citizens and kids when at work and K9 demos.

Congratulations. Didnt know there were so many other handlers on TBH. Best job in LE. Paid to go to work and hunt with your dog. On my 3rd and last K9 now. Mine were K9 Max, K9 Falco, and currently K9 Hondo

Comment

BOLO.

Stands for Be on the lookout.

Comment

Fits Perfect, lol!

We recently got a new Aussie Shepard and here's a short story explaining his name:

Our military son spent a week with us before reporting to his new base. One of his buddies (they were both snipers together in Iraq & Afghanistan) visited one weekend. Steven has severe PTSD, brought his Aussie with him.

Reef is the 2yr old Aussies name and here is how he got it: His girlfriend called him and said she was bringing him a surprise gift. He thought it was pot to help his psyche but instead, yep, a Aussie pup. Oh yeah, surprised but he kept him and named him Reef (reefer reference for those who may not know what I'm referring to, lol.)

When he was getting ready to leave he asked if we wanted to keep Reef since he was having issues taking care of him in a small apartment. We said yes and it's been a blessing for my wife and I. He has room to run, play and with us retired we are all together all the time.

So, going to K9, Reef is the perfect name! Be safe and God bless...oh, a pic of my new best friend!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                    We recently got a new Aussie Shepard and here's a short story explaining his name:

Our military son spent a week with us before reporting to his new base. One of his buddies (they were both snipers together in Iraq & Afghanistan) visited one weekend. Steven has severe PTSD, brought his Aussie with him.

Reef is the 2yr old Aussies name and here is how he got it: His girlfriend called him and said she was bringing him a surprise gift. He thought it was pot to help his psyche but instead, yep, a Aussie pup. Oh yeah, surprised but he kept him and named him Reef (reefer reference for those who may not know what I'm referring to, lol.)

When he was getting ready to leave he asked if we wanted to keep Reef since he was having issues taking care of him in a small apartment. We said yes and it's been a blessing for my wife and I. He has room to run, play and with us retired we are all together all the time.

So, going to K9, Reef is the perfect name! Be safe and God bless...oh, a pic of my new best friend!
                    Good story bud.
                    I will second Reef...

Comment

What about naming him after a fallen officer or soldier? When explaining his name to people, it is a good way to bring awareness and honor to the fallen?

Comment

If the dog has a name, and surely it does, just use what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
                          keep in mind also, youre going to put his name in lots of reports. Asked his name in court. Asked his name by hundreds of citizens and kids when at work and K9 demos.

Congratulations. Didnt know there were so many other handlers on TBH. Best job in LE. Paid to go to work and hunt with your dog. On my 3rd and last K9 now. Mine were K9 Max, K9 Falco, and currently K9 Hondo

This is a big factor into what I choose, I’m super excited about her opportunity, so much so I gave up weekends off and 8-5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post

Aussies are amazing, we have 3 currently and just had to put our 15 year old down yesterday. And then my GSP did this 4.5 hours later after chasing a cat under a stock trailer. It was a day to remember, or forget, but I met my new partner today. His name is currently Niko, but everyone there said they don’t know their names, I think the overseas vendors names them shortly before they sell them.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2293.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	24688434

Name:	IMG_2294.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	24688435

Name:	IMG_2295.jpg