Oyster Bars...raw oysters served!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post
    Matty Daddy's Gourmet Oysters, lovingly harvested from the crystal waters of Matagorda Bay. Free range, gluten free, Non-GMO, cruelty free. *

* May contain trace amounts of methamphetamines and soft plastic lures. Manufacturer not responsible for appearance due to prop scars. For every 500 buckets purchased receive a free fishing trip with Capt. Glenn.

In all fairness the oysters of the Pacific Northwest have active traceable amounts of rx medication in them. They have consumption warnings for anything living in the Puget Sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get some form Lavaca Bay in front of Alcoa. They have so much mercury in them that a thermometer pops out and tells you when they’re done frying.

May also come nicely prepackaged in all the Formosa plastic floating around the area too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        Best kept secret is Atlantic Oyster Company oysters at HEB. 10 oz. For 8.00 dollars. Or you can buy local Jerry’s Oysters from Smiths Point. 8 oz for 13.00. That’s 26 dollars a lb. Thanks but no thanks on local thumbsize oysters.
        Terry, how many oysters did we eat back in Thuh day at Joe Lee’s?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
          Not enough brother. That Sunday special 1 dollar a dozen half shells and 2 dollar pitcher of beer is burned in my memory of days long gone.

Comment

Not enough brother. That Sunday special 1 dollar a dozen half shells and 2 dollar pitcher of beer is burned in my memory of days long gone.
            I had forgotten about that for some reason lol! Good times , great eats and cheap cold beer on the water ! Kemah was so much better then .

Comment

Originally Posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              Best kept secret is Atlantic Oyster Company oysters at HEB. 10 oz. For 8.00 dollars. Or you can buy local Jerry’s Oysters from Smiths Point. 8 oz for 13.00. That’s 26 dollars a lb. Thanks but no thanks on local thumbsize oysters.

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post

I checked H‑E‑B Victoria and they didn’t show the Atlantic Oyster Company. I’d like to get a couple of pounds to fry at the end of august for my fil birthday. Are they special request?

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
                Originally Posted by Gumbo Man View Post

I checked H‑E‑B Victoria and they didn’t show the Atlantic Oyster Company. I’d like to get a couple of pounds to fry at the end of august for my fil birthday. Are they special request?
                Ours keeps them stocked pretty regularly. Sometimes their out of stock but more times than not they have them. Your Regional Manager might not be buying them for his stores. But you should ask them.

Comment

Thank you GumboMan.

I’ll check with Yoakum H‑E‑B. I know all those guys well and they’ve ordered other stuff for me. I may just have to buy the whole box instead of just 4 jars.

Are they good fried? That’s how he like his oysters. I could just fry a couple of families worth if I need to buy a bunch. . I’ll tell them Lavaca bay has special august oyster season this year….

Comment

Thank you GumboMan.

I’ll check with Yoakum H‑E‑B. I know all those guys well and they’ve ordered other stuff for me. I may just have to buy the whole box instead of just 4 jars.

Are they good fried? That’s how he like his oysters. I could just fry a couple of families worth if I need to buy a bunch. . I’ll tell them Lavaca bay has special august oyster season this year….
                    I like them and I’m an oyster snob. It’s not like fresh shucked but that goes without saying. Again there better fried than raw. But that’s me.

Comment

Down in Old Mexico. Puerto Penasco. You can visit the estuary and pull them out of the water yourself. Cost vary depending which place you are at. $4-8 a dozen. They shuck them while you're knee deep in the water if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                        Down in Old Mexico. Puerto Penasco. You can visit the estuary and pull them out of the water yourself. Cost vary depending which place you are at. $4-8 a dozen. They shuck them while you're knee deep in the water if you like.
                        That’s a heck of a deal BL. Of course factoring in the travel expense would raise that price just a little bit. LOL

Comment

Thank you GumboMan.

Man I swear the older I get the worst my memory gets. Not Atlantic Oysters. Hiltons Pacific Oysters is what I get at my HEB. Got some this morning for lunch today. Hummm…. I think a good Po Boy would be perfect. 7.97 for 10 ozs.
                          Attached Files

Comment

. Again there better fried than raw. But that’s me.

What kinda cajun are you??? Raw always better than fried

Back in the day my dad would park the air boat on a reef of west matagorda and he would shuck and eat them right there. He would put a few clumps in the floor of the boat, then find a few derelict crab traps to save and we'd have a gumbo for dinner.

back when you could actually kill a limit of ducks in less than an hour anytime you wanted

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              What kinda cajun are you??? Raw always better than fried

Back in the day my dad would park the air boat on a reef of west matagorda and he would shuck and eat them right there. He would put a few clumps in the floor of the boat, then find a few derelict crab traps to save and we'd have a gumbo for dinner.

back when you could actually kill a limit of ducks in less than an hour anytime you wanted
                              Good Greif Shane. I am referring to these particular oysters. The flavor is not there for eating raw in my books. I love oysters any way I can get them. Raw is my favorite cause they’re not as heavy and I can eat more of them.

Comment

Man I swear the older I get the worst my memory gets. Not Atlantic Oysters. Hiltons Pacific Oysters is what I get at my HEB. Got some this morning for lunch today. Hummm…. I think a good Po Boy would be perfect. 7.97 for 10 ozs.
                                I’d like to try those fried and in a creamy stew.

Comment

Working...
                                X