Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is Made in the USA worth to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish we could manufacture our products in the USA we have tried on numerous occasions but the cost is too high or there is simply no factories to do so as our regulations as a country deter anyone from wanting to manufacture certain products here...red tape and no incentive to do so have forced our ideas and manufucturing into the global marketplace and it is scary...the phones we use, the computers, the list goes on are all made in other countries and it won't change anytime soon but man I wish it would!!!

Comment

Honestly if they are the same quality, I'm buying the cheapest.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
        I own a couple pair of these jeans. They are the best quality jean I’ve ever worn.

Just checked out their site, think I’ll try them out and order a couple this evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          Thinking like this by Teamster members is what caused the Teamsters to be a shell of what it once was

Unions did not kill off American products. Greed by the manufacturer knowing they could get Americans to buy krappy products made by slave labor did the trick.
          Most everyone on here mentions high costs of the product. I mentioned high costs do to Unions and you insinuate that I am a bad Union member. OK give us your uneducated guess as to why product costs are so high if it is not high wage and employee costs IE: perks beyond wages.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
            Most everyone on here mentions high costs of the product. I mentioned high costs do to Unions and you insinuate that I am a bad Union member. OK give us your uneducated guess as to why product costs are so high if it is not high wage and employee costs IE: perks beyond wages.
            Well, first off the stuff I manufacture isn’t touched by anyone in a union. That’s not even on purpose, it’s just literally never been a concern. When I think union, I am generally thinking really large scale operations like automotive. I’m sure it does indirectly impact costs, especially for labor intensive products.

Reasons for higher cost:
            • Higher environmental standards
            • Higher wages/benefits
            • Raw material availability
            • Reliance on Imports
            • Energy Costs
            • Tax System

There is a more complicated one related to China and their “industry focused cities” I will get into later but no time.

Comment

Working...
            X