Middle of North Texas Annual Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
    Very nice Mike. That young one has a bunch of trash on his brows.
    Yes sir. A lot. Hope he doesn’t get stupid and leave our place for a few years. There’s a similar one that is a year younger. Good times.

Comment

I went out for the first time since January. Spent most my time cleaning up camp in preparation to mow and weed eat.
      I didn't even take a shot gun. I never saw one bird on a wire or flying by.
      I did get one camera up and running. We do have atleast one buck deer!

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's really greened up around here. My dove shoot was shot, so to speak . Did see five. No shots fired. On the other hand, if the lakes up here ever fill back up, the duck hunting is gonna be phenomenal! All the mudflats and beaches have lots of great vegetation growing. But it's gonna be tough for deer on this public. I'll still manage. But really don't look for any action till Nov and onward, due to all the browse.

Comment

We’re starting to get some pictures of some bucks we know from last year, and the growth is very encouraging. We were very lucky with some localized rain just west of Graham, so it doesn’t look like the deer suffered too much. They all look pretty fat and slick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What counties are we talking about up in here?

Area code 940?

Comment

The dove are here! Wichita Falls. hunted north of Air Force Base this am. We had all of 50 guns and if you didnt limit it was totally on the shooter.

Limited by 8:30 and started banging at ~7:45. Best dove shoot i've ever had.

Comment

Middle of North Texas Annual Thread.

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post

Area code 940?

I think un-officially it’s whoever is careless enough with their reputation to associate with the likes of Big Dave, Roger, Billy, and myself.

Big Dave is in charge and I don’t really think he gives a ****.[emoji3]

On the map it’s Jack, Young, Palo Pinto, Stephens, Throckmorton, Archer, Childress, Wilbarger, Wichita, and any inside those…maybe Hall, King, Montague? Haskell, Stonewall?

Last edited by Dale Moser; 09-09-2022, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post

Area code 940?
                  Generally: Montague, Clay, Wichita, Wilbarger, Hardeman, Foard, Baylor, Knox, Cottle, Young, Throckmorton, you know - the middle of North Texas, plus wherever else a brother may feel like fits.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    I think un-officially it’s whoever is careless enough with their reputation to associate with the likes of Big Dave, Roger, Billy, and myself.

On the map it’s Jack, Young, Palo Pinto, Stephens, Throckmorton, Archer, Childress, Wilbarger, Wichita, and any inside those…maybe Hall, King, Montague? Haskell, Stonewall?
                    Well that’s a fine bunch of reprobates that any TBHer would be proud to associate with. In!

Comment

We filled all the feeders a couple weeks ago ( I say we, all I did was pay for the feed, the boys did the rest ) got a few pictures of some 2-3 year olds, they look pretty good, we have recovered from the horrible draught we went through, last year we finally had age groups up to 5-6 year olds. Boys are there now, no dove, they paid to hunt over by Holiday this morning, using dry creek outfitters, he has a bunch of dove from what i am told. They are going to check our other place in Foard County this evening, usually some birds there to shoot at.

Comment

Montague Co is all greened up. I’m firmly back in mowing and trimming mode at our little ranch. Ready to put all my focus on hunting season. Haven’t been running cameras for months due to some technical issues, so not entirely certain how the herd is looking right now. Ive only taken one buck in the six years I’ve had the place. Bow hunting only. I hope to fill a tag early this season. Good luck to y’all. Will be following along.

Comment

Filled up our feeder 3 weeks ago (northern Erath County). Extremely dry and grazed down from the owners cows that had been sold off due to the drought. Lots of hogs, just like every season. Went hog hunting on 9-3 and had to wade across our creek on the way to my blind. It was a beautiful thing to see water filling up the deep holes in the creek and put a little water in the stock tanks around us.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

All and Any are Welcome here!

Comment

I have nothing worth talking about so far but I am here.

Comment

Dove hunting around Wichita Falls has been far better than the last 3-5 years, got a few good looking bucks on camera I'll try to upload some pics later. Definitely the time of year to get excited about a few and then never see them again till next summer lol , waiting on October 1st and hoping this little bit of cooler weather will stick around!

Comment

Working...
                                X