No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Annual Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out here yesterday till next Wednesday. Saw a few different bucks from three weeks ago. Oats are up with the rain. Just about time to get good. We will see.
    Good luck all!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Hell yes! Congrats Snoop & Dale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Saaaaaweet ! Well done Snoop

Comment

Success....Another spoiled munchkin huntress! Just the way we like em. All smiles. One of our land owners grand daughters. First time in a blind and first ever deer hunt. Took all of 20 minutes.
            She was a good sport too, with all the rituals. We told her to count the points. When ya get to 8, stop counting and start shootin.
            She done good.
            Awesome Blossom

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
              Success....Another spoiled munchkin huntress! Just the way we like em. All smiles. One of our land owners grand daughters. First time in a blind and first ever deer hunt. Took all of 20 minutes.
              She was a good sport too, with all the rituals. We told her to count the points. When ya get to 8, stop counting and start shootin.
              She done good.
              Awesome Blossom

That is so much greatness! Nice job young lady!

Nice assist, big Dave! There is nothing better than watching kids get it done…nothing.

Comment

Congrats on the success this weekend, awesome seeing those kids smile!
                Deer were on their feet for us I saw 14 deer Saturday morning almost the same amount I've seen in my like 6 hunts or so combined! Problem was there were too many deer lol (good problem to have) I never could get drawn in my open blind without at least one set of eyes looking in my direction. Finally went for it and they either saw me or heard me and bolted.

Comment

Congrats to Dale and Snoop and the young huntress as well. We struck out this weekend. Saw plenty of deer just not the one we were after. The pigs busted us Saturday night. We'll be back at it after Christmas.

Comment

Congrats to the Young Ones!!

Comment

Congrats to all the youngsters and them that make it happen. We saw a few deer, just not the ones we were looking for. Do or don’t time next week!

Comment

Originally posted by mix View Post
                        We had a pretty good opening weekend. Saturday morning was a little slow for me and my oldest son but my dad saw a bunch of deer including several good bucks. My oldest went with him to the stand that evening so I took the 5 year old twins with me. Good thing the wind was blowing cause those boys are loud! Hahaha They have both been wanting to shoot a pig. I decided if one showed up I'd let Luke have first shot.

[ATTACH]1108446[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH]1108447[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH]1108448[/ATTACH]

We had a red boar come in about 6 but he was pretty cautious and spooked when one of the boys made too much noise. About 30 minutes later the he came back and Luke was ready this time. I was trying to talk him through everything. He has some fluid in his ears right now and is having trouble hearing so I was trying to whisper instructions and he'd about yell back at me. The pig was constantly moving but as soon as he stopped Luke busted him. I wasn't ready. The pig was facing almost directly at us but I'd told him to shoot it in the neck and he saw the neck and went for it. Hahaha First animal down for Luke!

[ATTACH]1108449[/ATTACH]

Sunday morning I woke Colt up and he said he was going to sleep in. About 5 minutes later he came walking to the breakfast table ready to go. We had a mature narrow 8 come in and eat for quite a while before the feeder went off. Colt was shaking, the blind was shaking, he was breathing hard. He said "I wish my legs would stop shaking but they won't". The buck finally gave Colt the shot he was looking for and he let the 6.5 grendel do it's thing. The buck made it about 50 yards and was done.

[ATTACH]1108450[/ATTACH]

I guess I'm done shooting for 10-15 years and I'm ok with that. Hahaha We got home Sunday and they wanted to turn right around and go back. Jake (the other twin) is not one to be outdone and he's dang lucky so I'm sure he'll have a giant pig of some sort down in the next few weeks.
                        Not sure how I missed this, great job Mix, you are doing it right sir!

Congrats to all on some good kills.

Rwc

Rwc

Comment

And another A++ post!

Great job Moser Junior!

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                            She done good.
                            Awesome Blossom

Young ladies killing has a soft spot in my heart, congrats.

Rwc

Comment

Hate to see this guy show up. I’ve dealt with my share of them and they are a pain.

Comment

What county is this in?

Comment

Working...
                                X