Middle of North Texas Annual Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
    Love to take pics sitting ground level and close up. Can't use my good camera the clicking scares the deer.
    Got The pump hole bully buck going air born. Love it when they jump fences. This old sucker rules the feeder there. He is a PIA but he is fun to watch all bristled up.
    He is a healthy

Comment

I hunt in Cottle County and have noticed a big difference in the deer numbers from last year. I am having sits that I don't see anything, not many trail cam pics, and that is very uncommon. I'm wondering if the drought killed some deer. Is anyone else seeing low deer numbers?

Comment

Should be some blood spilled this weekend got 5 hunters at the ranch, I'll be on standby with the tracking dog. Hopefully I'll get some pics of dead deer for yall.

Comment

Good luck to everyone the bucks are chasing hard still

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
            Not so much here in wilbarger co

Comment

Hoping so. Headed out Sunday afternoon. We are in Stephen’s co just east of Breckenridge. Bucks still hitting feeders this week but all solos so hoping this cold front turns it up a notch. Ready for an all day sit Monday. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good

Comment

I'm live from west side of tarrant co.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome thread congrats to all!

Comment

Had plenty of movement yesterday, just no shooters

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
                        I hunt in Cottle County and have noticed a big difference in the deer numbers from last year. I am having sits that I don't see anything, not many trail cam pics, and that is very uncommon. I'm wondering if the drought killed some deer. Is anyone else seeing low deer numbers?
                        I was just telling my wife this morning that compared to last year, I'm only seeing about half the number of deer I generally see . I'm wondering if it's more a factor of the hot, dry summer. I'm seeing lots of barren doe.

Comment

Should be some blood spilled this weekend got 5 hunters at the ranch, I'll be on standby with the tracking dog. Hopefully I'll get some pics of dead deer for yall.
                          Well big disappointment this weekend. Between hunters without a blood thirst and less deer being seen nothing was killed this weekend. Tracked one doe with the dog 400+ yards. Good red blood early, dried up quick. Between that and the description of the doe's reaction after the shot I am thinking it was a high muscle shot and potentially non fatal. I track on a leash so I wasn't about to catch up to that deer and think there is a good chance she will live. I am thinking the lower amount of deer sightings could be a combination of them possibly having been on rut lockdown this weekend and the recent rains getting our food plots going and pulling deer off feeders.

Comment

The last 4 to 5 days the bucks have really been moving in Jack and Young counties.

First pic is my daughters buck. Others are all Jack county deer.Click image for larger version

Name:	20221112_181806.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	24699737Click image for larger version

Name:	20221121_085637.jpg
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	24699738Click image for larger version

Name:	20221121_085633.jpg
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	24699739Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-85226598.jpg
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	24699740Click image for larger version

Name:	20221120_131855.jpg
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	24699741Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221119-103259_Snapchat.jpg
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	24699742

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice bucks Hawkins!

Comment

Congrats to Your Daughter Hawkins! Nice Buck!

Comment

Working...
                                X