Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That turned out great, Bill.

Comment

I did the same thing out at my place. You can sure put a lot of concrete in a big hole.

Comment

Uncommon…..great pole…telescoping…strong and the light is surprisingly bright

Comment

Man that turned out great. And what a awesome tribute flying the 48 star flag

Comment

Very fine job Bill! That flag stands proud!

My Grandfather Berry was in the Army Air Corps also, as a pilot for two years. When he got out, he started a flight school. Then got a contract with Delta who had just landed a contract with the gov. Delta was a crop dusting company before the war. My grandfather was to teach LSU students how to fly so they could go fight the japs. When that contract ended after the war was over, he started another flight school with 12 planes. Then American Airlines came along and offered him another job as a flight instructor. And in commercial transport. He did that into the 1950s, before he took over the family finance business.

Comment

You done good man, that's a **** fine flag pole and fine display for old glory. Be proud.

Comment

The flag pole was a popular meeting place at my junior high and high school for young men and/or woman who wanted to workout their differences of the day! My junior high vice principal caught on so we moved it to my front yard right around the corner. I was told kids would fight there years after I moved. Just a good old fist fight. No more no less! That was my flag pole education. I miss those days

Comment

Educate me- flagpoles

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                  Uncommon…..great pole…telescoping…strong and the light is surprisingly bright

How many hours does the light illuminate? I found a flagpole light that looked good, contacted the manufacturer and they said 8 hr max. That will not work here 3-4 months each year.

I’m trying to figure out if I can run 120V above our soffit from a receptical above the deck meant for a heating tape (we don’t need) on the metal roof.

Alternately I could run a cord along the wood fascia behind the gutter and plug it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Bill; 10-25-2022, 03:44 PM.

Comment

After speaking with a local electrician, I did an ‘experiment’ last night. I purchased this small, off-road narrow beam spotlight- a 30 watt light cube at the local NAPA Auto Parts.

I connected it to a 12VDC battery and tested it’s brightness. With 2,100 lumens, the flag was brightly illuminated from the edge of the house. I’m amazed how much light the 6, 5 watt Cree leds generate. I’m thinking about where to mount it on my house so it’s not shining in the general direction of my neighbor far below us.

I found a combination 120VAC-12VDC transformer/ photo sensor for automatic dusk until dawn control rated IP67 for outdoor led lighting use. I can easily shorten the power cord and mount that unit near my soffit receptacle and then the wire to the light will be 12 VDC low voltage, simplifying the outside wiring between the soffit and gutter.

The cost is $60 for the light, $40 for the transformer/ controller plus wire if I don’t ready have some left over from other projects.

Comment

Educate me- flagpoles

The transformer came from amazon, and I had to do a temporary installation to see how it looked.

It was tough to get my phone to focus thru the kitchen window- but you get the idea.

The light on the ground was not as bright as it appears in the picture. Possibly trying to shallow burial the 12VDC wire and shining the light up will have to wait for the spring!

Last edited by Bill; 11-17-2022, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Looks great, Bill!

Comment

Thanks Randy.

Comment

This morning the 5x8 flag

This afternoon the 6x10 flag which had been backordered 4 months. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate to take a pretty picture.

Comment

Any time that flag is standing, it's a pretty pic.

Comment

Nice work, Sir! What does it look like from down in the valley at night?

Comment

Working...
                                X