Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2022 Texas high-school football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    Congrats to Aledo on their 11th title! No other school has 10….
    Aledo has not only won 11 state championships, they have won 10 since 2009 and in that period when they haven’t won state they have been knocked out by the eventual state champion in all but one year.

Comment

Congrats to Parish Episcopal Football… talk about a year. Take TAPPS state championship and two almost three UIL divisions

Comment

Super-Heavyweights are on the field of play now!!! [emoji123] Desire, attitude, grit and execution on display.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          Super-Heavyweights are on the field of play now!!! [emoji123] Desire, attitude, grit and execution on display.

Tied at halftime! Wouldn’t expect anything different! Been waiting on this game all week!!

Comment

2022 Texas high-school football

Pretty cool to see #11 and Owen win a state title with Aledo. Good people and they were great neighbors for several years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Last edited by Chad C; 12-17-2022, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              Congrats to Aledo on their 11th title! No other school has 10….

Not only that. The ranks they’ve gone through to get there. Well oiled machine!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                Tied at halftime! Wouldn’t expect anything different! Been waiting on this game all week!!
                It has lived up to the hype.....again!!![emoji33]The final playoff game in the state of Texas raised the bar......incredible. Gonna be alot of players out here playing on Saturdays around the country.[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Comment

Duncanville finally gets over the North Shore hump.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                    I did not mean to get your panties all in a wad. I already said I’m not a coach. But what I am is a die hard fan and what we get to do is criticize not only the play calling but the officiating too. Now being you’re the expert, if you can’t handle criticism, maybe you’re in the wrong profession. Again, we have some big time plays that were not played. Why? I have no idea. Maybe those coaches know more about the opposing team and is the reason why they called what they called. In the end, we won the game and that’s what we were playing for.
                    Good luck to your team in the state game!!!

I recorded the game and went back and watched it. You are right, they did run that play except #15 went in between the tackle and guard where as in the Columbus game he took it around the outside. I agree on taking it outside more. I believe they had more success taking it to the outside than up the middle.
                    My panties are all straightened out. You just dont know what you are talking about and it shows. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

And the play where #15 went outside, might be called Delaware. But you would have to give me more info on who pulled, QB footwork, formation, etc. "Taking it outside more" is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      It has lived up to the hype.....again!!![emoji33]The final playoff game in the state of Texas raised the bar......incredible. Gonna be alot of players out here playing on Saturdays around the country.[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

I thought the 2018 game was much better. Which players do we see making a difference on Saturdays other than the Rb for Duncanville?

Comment

DFW dominance.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                          Duncanville finally gets over the North Shore hump.

They should have. The average age of their players is probably 25 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                            My panties are all straightened out. You just dont know what you are talking about and it shows. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

And the play where #15 went outside, might be called Delaware. But you would have to give me more info on who pulled, QB footwork, formation, etc. "Taking it outside more" is funny.
                            Gonna try one more time. I already said I’m not a coach. Don’t know what the plays are called. So I’m going to try to explain it one more time for your simple mind. In my opinion, along with all the spectators around that were at the game felt like the play calling was very conservative. I probably watched 75% of all our games this season. There was always some aggressive play calling in those games. It could have been that this could have been the best defense we faced all year. But in the 2 games before this, we faced a great defense in those but there were some aggressive plays called. Just in the semi final alone, our running game was pretty much shut down in the first half. So we went to the air. By the time the game was over, we threw 9 or 10 passes, 3 of which went for touchdowns. On average, I would say we average 3 passes a game. I believe if our defense didn’t play lights out, we probably would have lost that game.
                            From a spectator perspective, how hard is that to understand.
                            Like I said before, as a fan, I can criticize all I want, but that doesn’t mean a dang thing. In the end, we came out with a win and that’s all that matters!!
                            On to next year!!

Comment

Aggies lose again- badly!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X