Perculator vs. Drip Coffee.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perculator vs. Drip Coffee.....

Over the last 4-5 years my coffee drinking has really picked up to the point I drink it all day. I never really messed with Percolators, they are just not popular or what is talked about these days. Going through my father's things recently I found his old percolator. I remember this being the way to make coffee at the ranch with my grandparents etc. I cleaned it up and watched a video on how to do this. I am here to tell you it just took the place of my 200.00 Ninja drip coffee maker. The flavor is smoother more robust and just plain better. Heck of alot easier to take on trips and it does not take any longer than a drip maker. If you ain't tried it, you owe it to yourself to try.

I love my percolator!

Comment

Percolator or a French Press is my go to.

Comment

own 3 of them. Only way to make coffee.

Comment

French press is my favorite followed by a good old percolator

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
            Percolator or a French Press is my go to.
            What the tarnation is a French press, Starbucks girly coffee?

Comment

Percolate

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                What the tarnation is a French press, Starbucks girly coffee?
                Oui, I think

Comment

As convenience took over the old school methods have gone away. They have to be able to sell you stuff. My wife an I were having this conversation last week about drip vs keurig vs percolator. We pack our own keurigs with our own coffee and have been dissatisfied. She went to an electric percolator. I have my folks old aluminum percolator at deer camp. Part of what makes deer camp special I guess. The coffee. But I think I am going back to drip. I drink two RTIC 20oz cups a day of BRCC CAF before 9am. Coffee is an important part of my day.

Comment

You take your coffee maker with you on trips?

Comment

French press all day 5 days a week, then energy drinks on the weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        You take your coffee maker with you on trips?
                        Yes I do, the little hotel ones dont cut it. I drink caffee all day/evening though

Comment

I love percolated coffee & cowboy coffee, the automatic drip coffee maker is what the wife likes for convenience ( it’s ready when she wakes up @5:30 and I am still asleep)
                          I use this @ the ranch and usually fill a old thermos + a rtic ,
                          Seems like most folks like cowboy coffee because they aren’t shy about knocking on the door to get a cup before going hunting

Recipe
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 07-27-2022, 05:38 PM.

Comment

You had to watch a video.....that's a little concerning

Comment

Percolator for me. At home or in camp. Just makes better coffee.

Comment

Working...
                              X