Clear All

Thanks Bro Bill!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
      Thanks Bro Bill!!!!
      Perhaps, my ex- should read this...!!

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
        If I had to get re-saved every time I noticed a skimply clad girl that God made extra pretty, in the summer time, around the clear lake area I would have to get re saved every 15 minutes when I take the kids out on the lake.
        So where's the line between noticing a girl's pretty and lusting.

Is it when you don't turn away like David did on his rooftop, or is it when you invite her to the Palace.

Both are wrong do both put you in hell?

Stuff like this is what turns people away from Christianity because if we have to live it none of us are going to make it. I don't know if you've noticed or not but there are a of lot of sins, listed in the Bible.

For me.......Ill look once. If i look twice something in my spirit checks me. If i override the check and keep staring then it becomes sin and i have to repent(which i have to do quite a bit). Adultery, fornication, ****ography etc is what will come next. After that it gets worse... If you dont check it somewhere you will be a pervert. I must fight lust No Exceptions. Its not black and white but I have to talk to God about my flesh on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
          If I had to get re-saved every time I noticed a skimply clad girl that God made extra pretty, in the summer time, around the clear lake area I would have to get re saved every 15 minutes when I take the kids out on the lake.
          So where's the line between noticing a girl's pretty and lusting.

Is it when you don't turn away like David did on his rooftop, or is it when you invite her to the Palace.

Both are wrong do both put you in hell?

Stuff like this is what turns people away from Christianity because if we have to live it none of us are going to make it. I don't know if you've noticed or not but there are a of lot of sins, listed in the Bible.
          Both are unholy and put you into hell. But Jesus died on the cross for both of them and told us to repent and trust in him. Repenting isn't asking God to resave you - it's confessing sin, apologizing, and declaring to move forward differently. Brother Bill is encouraging us to repent. Which includes moving forward differently. Which includes not being okay with sin.

Comment

The title of the article in this lesson is what the author is trying to express. We were and are born of sin. By the grace of God, through Christ, we have a choice to try to fight it, or we can just pass it off and indulge in sin. We are bound to make mistakes. That is born into us. But what the author is trying to encourage is to continue the fight. Don't give up and let it become acceptable. That is where we fail. If we are to strive to be like Jesus Christ, it becomes a never ending fight until we are called home.

Paul's letters to the Christian Ephesians (church) covers much of this subject. Some of yall should read chapters 1 through 5 where he gives examples of how the Ephesians should live among the pagans of Ephesia. And all their pagan gods and sin. He warns not to fall into that lifestyle or let it become acceptable.

To fight sin.

Have you ever had a bad habit that was hard to break? What did you have to do to break that habit? Did it take several tries? Are you still trying? Or did you give up and let it become acceptable? That is where we begin to fall from grace. And if we don't recognize it, then we can fall from grace, till we do recognize it. And do something about it. Like fight our way back to where our conscious is clear because we know we are trying to become Christ like. Because we know we are doing, or trying to do, the right thing. The trying part is the fight. We will never be totally free of sin till our judgement day. It's born into our nature within. But, when we decided to become Christians, then it becomes our duty to try to fight all that is sinful within our selves and our lives. As well as learn to recognize the sin that surrounds us in our daily living. Sometimes when that sin is in front of us, we have an opportunity to understand what causes it. And how we can deal with it. Through prayer, the word, and study with others, we can find ways to deal with it. And possibly help others to understand what Christ came here for, if that sin is being expressed through someone else. We all need to continue to strive to become better Christians. That is our mission. To strive to become Christ like. And that means keeping up the fight when the temptation of sin is present. Think of it as God teaching us self-control, like a parent tries to teach their offspring.

I love all of yall. Just as God, through His grace and Christ, loves me.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              The title of the article in this lesson is what the author is trying to express. We were and are born of sin. By the grace of God, through Christ, we have a choice to try to fight it, or we can just pass it off and indulge in sin. We are bound to make mistakes. That is born into us. But what the author is trying to encourage is to continue the fight. Don't give up and let it become acceptable. That is where we fail. If we are to strive to be like Jesus Christ, it becomes a never ending fight until we are called home.

Paul's letters to the Christian Ephesians (church) covers much of this subject. Some of yall should read chapters 1 through 5 where he gives examples of how the Ephesians should live among the pagans of Ephesia. And all their pagan gods and sin. He warns not to fall into that lifestyle or let it become acceptable.

To fight sin.

Have you ever had a bad habit that was hard to break? What did you have to do to break that habit? Did it take several tries? Are you still trying? Or did you give up and let it become acceptable? That is where we begin to fall from grace. And if we don't recognize it, then we can fall from grace, till we do recognize it. And do something about it. Like fight our way back to where our conscious is clear because we know we are trying to become Christ like. Because we know we are doing, or trying to do, the right thing. The trying part is the fight. We will never be totally free of sin till our judgement day. It's born into our nature within. But, when we decided to become Christians, then it becomes our duty to try to fight all that is sinful within our selves and our lives. As well as learn to recognize the sin that surrounds us in our daily living. Sometimes when that sin is in front of us, we have an opportunity to understand what causes it. And how we can deal with it. Through prayer, the word, and study with others, we can find ways to deal with it. And possibly help others to understand what Christ came here for, if that sin is being expressed through someone else. We all need to continue to strive to become better Christians. That is our mission. To strive to become Christ like. And that means keeping up the fight when the temptation of sin is present. Think of it as God teaching us self-control, like a parent tries to teach their offspring.

I love all of yall. Just as God, through His grace and Christ, loves me.
              Amen and Amen!
              Thank you for breaking it down the way you did.
              We all fall short..
              I’ve been answering in boxes on this post this evening.

Comment

I recently got confirmed in April after not being involved in church for about 11 yrs. Its definitely hard to commit yourself to the hard right for something greater after years of taking the easy wrong. This summer of being back home, away from the church I've been going to while at school, has been a major test of this new commitment and I have to admit that I have been failing. However, seeing posts like this definitely help to remind me, and Im sure others, to take the hard right and stick to your commitment to something greater than yourself.

Comment

May God give us grace to take our souls and others’ souls seriously and keep up the fight.
                  Good Night TBH

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
                    May God give us grace to take our souls and others’ souls seriously and keep up the fight.
                    Good Night TBH
                    Amen!

Comment

Working...
                    X