Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Kids & Vacation Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take them when they are young.…@16yo plus it become a get away from kids trip…not family vacation

Comment

My son is 6 and been to Massachusetts, San Diego, Ft. Lauderdale, Disney World on a separate trip, galveston a couple of times, & Port A more than I can count. It’s not a vacation if my wife and kid aren’t with me.

Comment

My little guy is just about to be 2 and so far he’s gone to Missouri (fly and drive), Houston, Austin, and will be going to Italy with us in October (sisters wedding). We’ve taken one long weekend trip to Vegas just my wife and I, but I cannot wait to take him in bigger vacations when he’s older.

Can’t imagine planning an actual “vacation” and not including him in it.

Comment

Next month will be the first time me and my wife will go on an actual "vacation" without our 27 and 18 year old sons. Granted, we haven't been on a "family" vacation in about 4-5 years, but it'll still feel STRANGE not taking them and having them there...
          However, it Will be nice for me and the misses to get some US time after 29 years of marriage.

Comment

90% of the time you'll ever spend with your children comes before the age of 12. Think about that....

Comment

It would be strange to take a vacation without my kids. Now I will say that once a year My Bride and I will do a weekend or small trip away just the two of us. We have 3 kids and my youngest is 15 so the days of just her and I are becoming more frequent

Comment

Families that travel together stay together.

Comment

We rotate each year bringing the kids on a out of state "vacation". I enjoy experiences with my boys but it is nice to get away with adults only.

Comment

Find a good balance or some mom & dad weekend get aways but enjoy them while you can! It goes by fast and before you know it, they'll be taking trips with friends, off to college then making these decisions with their own families.

Comment

We take ours every year on vacation! This year we went to The Dominican Republic. We do every other year a “plane ride” and a camper trip. Next year we will go camping.

Only trip wife and I took alone was our 10yr to exuma Bahamas
                      Attached Files

Comment

We have 4 kids under 8. We take them on all major vacations, typically summer road trips with the RV. We also go skiing each year (we do leave the 2 littles ones home for this one, they will join when they turn 4!).

We do take at least 1 couples trip a year, but it's typically just a quick weekend getaway for two nights. I could see us taking a longer couples trip at some point but that would be a once every 3-5 years type of thing.

Comment

Kids & Vacation Poll

“Family” vacation. Pretty sure if you forget the kids on family vacation you will have to turn around and go get them so they dont starve.

You aren’t going on family vacations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Ætheling; 07-26-2022, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Kids & Vacation Poll

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            We've always taken a family vacation with the kids. Some of our kids' best memories are on trips we've taken. We also try to get away without them at least once a year where we can enjoy each other and not worry about entertaining kids. Now, they are all grown and the last ones are moving to college. We'll take a lot more trips just the two of us now, where we'll talk about how much fun it was to take our kids places.

Last line sums it up perfectly. My parents especially my parents/grandparents made sure that vacations and the holidays were a magical time for us kids. There are places that I was lucky enough to visit as a child mine will not which makes me sad. Aquarena Springs in San Marcos comes to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We typically try and do 2 vacations per summer. The wife and I usually go to Mexico or Dominican Republic and we usually take the kids to the beach in Florida or Kalahari or Great Wolf in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                                We've always taken a family vacation with the kids. Some of our kids' best memories are on trips we've taken. We also try to get away without them at least once a year where we can enjoy each other and not worry about entertaining kids. Now, they are all grown and the last ones are moving to college. We'll take a lot more trips just the two of us now, where we'll talk about how much fun it was to take our kids places.
                                We do the same we take our kids on a vacation every year but also make atleast one trip a year that is adults only. Our adults only is typically a short trip like an extended weekend. Thursday to Sunday or Friday to Monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X