No announcement yet.

Payin' For Your Raisin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel your pain brother. Mom and Dad came down with Covid in Nov 2020 at 86 yrs old. 30 day stint in Rehabilitation/Nursing Home Jan 2021. 24 hr care in home Feb 2021 to May 2021. Different Nursing Home in Jun 2021. Mom passed from Dementia/Heart Disease July 2021. Dad has advanced Dementia & wheelchair bound now. Curt is right. Get someone to give you a break. It will cause Depression for you. Speaking from personal experience.

Contact your local Hospice agency. They are angels!

Good luck buddy
    Last edited by Tejas Wildlife; 07-23-2022, 11:43 PM.

Comment

I pray I never feel like you do when it comes to my mother.

Comment

Prayers sent for your mother. Your care is a blessing and the best way to show love for your mother.

Comment

Prayers up for you and your mom

Comment

Praying for y’all!

Comment

Went through this with my MIL, she just passed in January (fell in November 2020). Like Tejas said call Hospice, it's not only for the terminally ill. You WILL wear yourself down trying to take care of her.

Comment

That’s a hard earned tee shirt that we wore for sometime. You will be rewarded in ways that you don’t see coming. We should sacrifice for those that sacrificed for us. Prayers for your family sir.

Comment

There is another brother on here going through the same thing you are not alone. Praying for you

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry to hear your situation - it is all too common and not fun. I went through this with my Mom but thank goodness we had gotten a long term care insurance policy on her. It allowed us to hire home health care and then nursing home cost.

For those reading this thread this is a good reason/reminder to look into long term care insurance for your parents and/or you and your spouse while still in good health.

Prayers for you and your Mom Sir.

Comment

prayers up
                      curt hit on some very good points

Comment

Parents weigh more than children. It ain't the same!! My wife's grandmother is wheelchair bound. She can't do anything for herself. It's so hard to move her, comfortably.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

We had to put my grandma in a nursing home due to dementia. It is a horrible thing to see happen to someone. Putting her in was a Hard choice to make with all the stories you hear, but she loves it. She has a room mate and they have the best time. When my dad died of covid one of things that brought me peace was knowing he had a relationship with the Lord but also that he was able to live his life how he wanted till the very end.

Praying for you in this time

Comment

It’s hard. A whole bunch of it is Grace and attitude. I’ll pray for you and me and the rest of us.

Comment

I didn't go through it with my parents, they took care of themselves nearly up to death. I think I have coming a similar situation as the OP with my in-laws. Is there anything I can do to get help or financial relief from my wife's siblings as they are lazy bums?

Comment

Prayers for strength and patience. We went through it with my FIL. He had sundowners so he was a handful all night long.

Comment

Working...
                                X