Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KactusKiller
    replied
    I did a lot of brush work and dig two ponds so deer sightings have been low around me this spring but honestly hoping it dispersed some of the mature doe. The natural forage is abundant.

Leave a comment:

• Wits_End
    replied
    Pretty sure I had 2 bucks chasing a doe last weekend. As far as I can tell our ratio is around 2d:1b.

Previous to this the bucks were bachelored up and hadn't been around much.

Leave a comment:

• TeamAmerica
    replied
    No deer killed this year! My backup plan is a spring time axis from my buddies place.

Saturday morning I was shocked! Saw 9 bucks in our field. A few spikes and 2 8 points and some others mixed in. The bigger bucks were still fighting but they were all hanging together and I guess left as friends. The eight points should be shooters next year I'm betting.

Leave a comment:

• KactusKiller
    replied
    How'd every body fair this yr? Any kills to report? I finally had a wide 8 that i have history on show up consistent last two weeks of the season, just couldn't catch up to him. About to start off season work of clearing more brush in some thick areas. My deer numbers have improved over last 2-3 yrs but keeping decent bucks around seems to be an issue. I typically feed yr round and plant summer food plots as well as fall. I'm going to take the suggestion of some of the youtube "pros" and not feed supplemental feed in the off spring/summer. See if it disperses the doe population some and creates open space for bucks in the fall. Exact opposite of what I've been trying but getting to the point where I want to try something new to attract more bucks. My place seems to have become a doe and yearling buck magnet.
    Also going to move some stand sites and reduce the overall number of hunting sites/feeders and add more stands for wind direction to each site.

Leave a comment:

• KactusKiller
    replied
    Been pretty slow for mature bucks at my place this year. Good number of doe for our area. I just really haven’t seen but your bucks that I want to shoot.

Leave a comment:

• TeamAmerica
    replied
    Anyone get some meat this weekend? Rain was a bummer but I saw a lot of activity Including two small bucks fighting in the back yard. Saw one shooter buck but not an ideal shot even with a rifle.

Leave a comment:

• KactusKiller
    replied
    It’s weird, had a lot of activity friday at one of my feeders, took one of my daughters Saturday evening and saw one buck cross early then nothing else. Then today very active again. Activity has been heavy (except when we are in stand) pretty much all day so get in the stand early and stay late.

Leave a comment:

• TeamAmerica
    replied
    Saw three bucks this morning chasing does. They are active and the moon is perfect. I was drinking coffee so just watching from the kitchen. It's cold!

Leave a comment:

• TeamAmerica
    replied
    Saw bucks chasing does a lot. Never saw anything big. What a weird 3 days of weather for sure. Moon is dang near full and acorns all over at our place (smaller than last year).

Leave a comment:

• KactusKiller
    replied
    Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
    The deer were moving pretty good Saturday morning. The. Saturday evening it shut off. Very few hit the feeders. Some younger bucks were chasing pretty hard. Hoping the cold front next weekend gets them hitting the feeders a little harder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My cameras looked very active Friday night and Saturday morning also, I still saw several doe, just not a ton of buck action still

Leave a comment:

• bossbowman
    replied
    FYI for those that don't know, I just found out Friday

Hill Limestone Navarro CWD Zone

Last edited by bossbowman; 11-06-2022, 04:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lost cajun
    replied
    The deer were moving pretty good Saturday morning. The. Saturday evening it shut off. Very few hit the feeders. Some younger bucks were chasing pretty hard. Hoping the cold front next weekend gets them hitting the feeders a little harder.

Leave a comment:

• KactusKiller
    replied
    Originally posted by Buck Shot View Post
    The past week has been slow at feeders at my place in freeco

What few acorns I have are falling right now so prob why it has been slow on feeders, that and all the green popping up

Leave a comment:

• KactusKiller
    replied
    Got some live decoys in the plot just need an eligible bachelor

Leave a comment:

• Buck Shot
    replied
    The past week has been slow at feeders at my place in freeco

Leave a comment:

Working...