Top 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
    I can not overstate how much I hated doing homework. The very little that I did was after I had a few minutes left in the classroom after the day’s lesson or in the time between periods. If not, I just got a failing grade or a zero for that lesson/homework. With a majority of our grade coming from tests, I could relatively pass with ease because I could ace the tests. Even with that, and most of my junior high school I was on the A/B honor roll.

I am certainly not proud of my academic attitude. As with any maturing person, I wish that I could go back and do some things again. Unfortunately I cannot go back and in reality, I’m not sure my attitude would change.

Did I mention how much I hated homework……
    Sounds familiar. I almost failed Algebra II because I refused to do homework. Our year end grade was 75% tests and 25% pop quizzes. The pop quizzes were selected numbers from the previous days homework. I didn’t do the homework, therefore my 25% year end result was a whopping fat 0 passed with a 74…my teacher was severely disappointed with me every day. I can’t recall how many times we walked out into the hallway where she would try to reason with me, and get me to do my homework. I reasoned back “tell me what the numbers of the homework will be, and I’ll do them in class”. That was not the way it worked I never one time took a single book home, ever. I carried every book in a backpack that I picked up in the locker when I arrived to school, and dropped it off before heading to the bus at the end of last period.

And much like you, I look back and wish I had done things different. However, I had a kid on the way at 16, and quit school to get a job and provide for my new family 😂 oh well, live and learn…I always did have to do things the hard way. I am trying to drill into my kids heads that they don’t need to follow my hardheaded footsteps

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
    Around 400 or so in my class. I finished dead last.
    Hey, at least you finished

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
      HS PSYCH?? They teach psychology in high school or did you mean physics? Surprised you weren't in the gifted and talented program.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
      We had psych class in high school. Loved biology and physics. I hated English only because the reading materials were junk. I also hated Trig. There was no gifted and talented programs. I was in what was called accelerated learning classes. They did separate people on how fast you could learn back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
        B’s and C’s get degrees!
        ...and so will a few D's!!!
        Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
        Also took 8 years to get my undergrad.
        I was close to the same - 7 yrs. I switched majors 3 times. The original plan was Aerospace Engineering, but after 4 yrs of Calculus (1yr was in HS), I was done with Math! I also worked 20-30 hrs a week and paid my own tuition.

In HS, I was following my sister's footsteps. She was #6 in her class out of about 400. I made it to #23 (6%) out of 380.

She ended up with a MS - Bio-Chemistry, but teaches Biology at Tarrant County Community now.

I have BA in Construction Mgt and am making almost twice what my sister makes, but she does have more time off than I do.

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        The World is ran by C students for the most part. The under achievers don't have the self discipline, and the over achievers lack the common sense to apply to real world problems.
        This is a great quote! I had an internship when I moved to SA and the Engineer I was working for had 2 PhD's - Chemical Eng & some other Chemical-something-or-another. He always talked about how smart he was.

Until he found himself stuck on the side of Loop 410 late one night with a flat tire. He couldn't figure out how to change it!

I am a big fan of Mike Rowe and his foundation to support the Trades. Not every one can, wants or even should go to college. Most Universities are making kids "soft" these days. And they seem to think that piece of paper holds a lot of weight when demanding things at work. In reality, all it does is get your foot in the door for an interview.

Comment

I was 7 of 97

I went to A&M and graduated with one of those latin named honors. It wasn't *** laude, Magna *** laude, Summa *** laude. It was Thankya Lawdy.

Comment

I was top 50...

In a class of about 43

Comment

Meh....

i was 9th of 528 in High School and 17th of 685 in college. It means I studied and am good at taking tests.

Comment

#6 out of 60

Comment

Working...
                X