No announcement yet.

So I left some fish out overnight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Vikings had no problem eating smelly fish. Can’t remember the name of it but just give yours it a sniff test and enjoy. Look up Viking canned fish on you tube.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
      I like your strategy some time. “ get em all sick! “
      [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a bad habit of walking away from the vacuum sealer and forgetting about the deer, fish...whatever. If I find it within a day I'll typically just cook it right away. So far it has been safe every time.

I'm curious to know if having it vacuum sealed prevents rapid bacteria growth.

So to answer your question, I would defrost it and eat it as soon as possible...assuming it passes the sniff test.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
          I'm with ya....not worth chance....

KNOWLEDGE ARTICLE
          Raw fish and shellfish should be kept in the refrigerator (40 °F/4.4 °C or less) only 1 or 2 days before cooking or freezing. After cooking, store seafood in the refrigerator 3 to 4 days. Any frozen fish or shellfish will be safe indefinitely; however, the flavor and texture will lessen after lengthy storage. For best quality, freeze (0 °F / -17.8 °C or less) cooked fish for up to 3 months. Frozen raw fish is best used within 3 to 8 months; shellfish, 3 to 12 months. Seafood should never be left out over two hours.
          Man according to that I should be dead 100 times over by now. LOL

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
          The Vikings had no problem eating smelly fish. Can’t remember the name of it but just give yours it a sniff test and enjoy. Look up Viking canned fish on you tube.
          I've had it, it's terrible lol. It's cured with lime, not the fruit, like the stuff they put on roads to harden them up. No chance of bacteria living through that.

Comment

I wouldn't think the fish would still be good. I bet it stinks inside that vacuum bag.

Comment

Defrosted a bag this afternoon, smelled fine, fried it up and tasted great.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                Hot grease kills anything
                This^^

Comment

Prob still fresher than anything you get in a seafood market or restaurant, I would have eaten it too if my nose told me it was OK and I like fish FRIED CRYSPY!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    Defrosted a bag this afternoon, smelled fine, fried it up and tasted great.
                    I knew it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MdStrutnRut View Post
                      Prob still fresher than anything you get in a seafood market or restaurant, I would have eaten it too if my nose told me it was OK and I like fish FRIED CRYSPY!
                      You should really educate your self before making comments like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X