Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Muy

Comment

He changed the Game for Hunting all over. RIP to the Legend "Muy" and Prayers sent to his wonderful Family

Comment

STX legend….RIP Muy

Comment

RIP MUY.
          Me and my brother called him back in the 80’s to book a javelina bow hunt, something came up and we weren’t able to go. That was the chance we had to hopefully meet him, but didn’t happen.

Comment

RIP Leonel, I like many wore out his VHS tapes. He sure helped put S Tx WT deer hunting in the spotlight. He helped fuel the fire for me when I was young to chase S TX deer & it still burns today.

Comment

I heard he originally started the muy grande contest and the prize was some kinda watch back then.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShAhegAKz78"]Muy Grande Deer Contest - Leonel "Muy" Garza scores a deer for Richie Pate - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                    I heard he originally started the muy grande contest and the prize was some kinda watch back then.

Burt Reynolds died? [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                      Smart, I think you are right but was a watch.
                      That is correct.

We were at the Muy Grande award ceremony last month. My son won an award for a buck he shot last year and we went down there for that. Mr. Garza was inducted into their Hall of Fame at the ceremony and they did a video presentation and told his life story and how the Muy Grande contest came to be. It was pretty cool. He definitely had a major impact on whitetail hunting as we know it today. Seems like he has a great family as well.

Comment

He put freer on the map. Really nice man that loved big deer. He’s going to be missed.

Comment

RIP

Brings back great memories! Like many I would drool over pics from the contest. Drove from Hebbronville every year back in the 70's just to see what a big deer looked like and dream of the possibilities. He lit a big fire.

Comment

I shook his hand a few times in the store.

RIP.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I also had “legend of the muy grande” tape and yes he said he won watch for most tires sold at the time, I liked the music on that tape at the pachanga
                              RIP

Comment

I too remember watching his video over and over, also begging dad to stop in Muy Grande Village every trip down there. When we were in college (many years ago) we were hunting out of Laredo and my brother shot a buck with a drop tine. We were so excited, thought it was the greatest buck ever and rushed to Muy Grande Village to get it scored and entered. Lionel came out and turned his nose up and said leave it in the truck, it’s too small. Never seen my brother crushed like that ever, heck, I was crushed. We never went back. Lionel was right, it wasn’t that great of a buck in comparison, but had he made a deal about it and been nice, we would’ve been customers for life.

Comment

Working...
                                X