Fishing life jackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    This is just me: I wouldn't trust an auto inflatable in a yak. To much chance it'll get inflated. Then the process of re-arming while using it. And if it gets inflated again, well, you'd be more comfortable in a foam vest than trying to fish in a fully inflated auto vest.

I'd look for a foam vest with lots of netting between shoulders, sides, and back. Netted would help with air circulation. And provide some sun protection. Plus, less worry of having to worry about keeping it dry all the time. I have all three types. And prefer one of my Mustang inflatables for comfort when I'm in my Jon. But on a yak, I'd wear my netted vest for reliability and especially less worry.
    This

Comment

Wholeheartedly recommend the ABSOLUTE OUTDOOR Onyx A/M-24 Automatic/Manual Inflatable Life Jacket

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
        Wholeheartedly recommend the ABSOLUTE OUTDOOR Onyx A/M-24 Automatic/Manual Inflatable Life Jacket
        Is that one that has to be fully immersed in order to self inflate?

Comment

Onyx A/M 24 are the ones I have and all they have to do is get wet. Don't have to b fully immersed to inflate. Don't ask how I know

Comment

If looking at an inflatable look for one that is hydrostatic. It inflates based on pressure, not just getting wet.

Here is one from Mustang. Yes they are expensive but they are supposed to be better than the dissolving tablet kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Manual inflation for kayaking or wading, auto inflation in the boat.

Comment

I would try one of those ones ghat don’t have the foam up around the shoulders, I use auto inflate but would want to use it on kayak

Comment

Mesh shoulders and top by Kent. Academy has a similar one that is camo. I own two of those also.

Here's a nice little article I found on kayak vest. They are fisherman friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by sv2100 View Post
                    If looking at an inflatable look for one that is hydrostatic. It inflates based on pressure, not just getting wet.

Here is one from Mustang. Yes they are expensive but they are supposed to be better than the dissolving tablet kind.

Cabelas has one as well and is a little more less costly. Mustang is for sure top of the line.

Comment

Lake Dunlap.
                      I grew up waterskiing on that lake. Love it!
                      On the jacket, make sure it secures well. Had a friend drown on the Rio Grand because his jacket was loose and popped off as soon as he hit the water (boat overturned)

Comment

mustang survival here

Comment

I have the mesh top lower float and back float for this !
                          Camo from academy.
                          Won’t sweat to death, we been wearing em in 102’ not too bad.

Comment

Working...
                          X