Rockport Area Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by basschump View Post
    Keep expectations realistic when fishing the rockport area this summer. I have a buddy that was recently on a trip with a quality guide and it was dismal. And the catch of other guides back at the dock was poor- several 2- 5 fish boxes. Water level has been is low making airboat redfish trips tough too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Potentially because not everyone needs to kill every single fish they catch and take a lame picture - many of the guides practice C&R

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
      brody Jones, heston henkaus, ronnie mcbroom, H3 outfitters. Heston and H3 run airboats also. Would be a cool way to fish for redfish and drum.
      H3 outfitters for sure. Trey is my cousin and is a fish catching machine. He’s been hammering the reds.

Comment

3rdCoast- I turn most fish back but if someone comes and fishes on me and wants to take fish home there is a limit established by the State that they take home with them. Trust me I kill and eat more fish than anyone coming down here and fishing with a guide. I kill about 6-8 trout a week at least to eat with the wife. If someone comes down to fish on a guide and wants to take pictures and some gallon ziplocks with them
        Good for them and I’m happy for them

Comment

We used Jeff Simms recently and would use him again. (361) 403-7510

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            3rdCoast- I turn most fish back but if someone comes and fishes on me and wants to take fish home there is a limit established by the State that they take home with them. Trust me I kill and eat more fish than anyone coming down here and fishing with a guide. I kill about 6-8 trout a week at least to eat with the wife. If someone comes down to fish on a guide and wants to take pictures and some gallon ziplocks with them
            Good for them and I’m happy for them

Comment

Brian Holden is one of the best guides in the area. www.holdenguideservices.com 361-386-0410 or Barefootcharters with Capt. Tim Cleghorn 361-205-4100

Comment

Thanks for all the recommendations.
                I passed all the info along to my folks.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Check with Levi Price

Comment

Working...
                  X