No announcement yet.

Copperhead study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good article. We have come across these critters (usually in pairs) and have always relocated them, after our initial start has subsided. Not a fan of indiscriminate killing.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas452 View Post
      My daddy, 2 SIL and myself have been bitten by copperheads.
      ****! Is not paying attention genetic? Jesus jumpin Christ that's gotta be some kind of record.

Comment

Cottonmouths seem aggressive to me, at least that’s my experience. I don’t necessarily think of copperheads as aggressive, but step next to one and they will bite. If I see one and have the means, I kill them.

Comment

Yeah, if you step on them, they’ll bite.

You can see the venom all over my boot.

But some will not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas452 View Post
            My daddy, 2 SIL and myself have been bitten by copperheads.

And how did it turn out? Genuinely curious. Obviously you are still alive but would like to know how it turned out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
              What that study tells me is that if basically 69 times I come across a copperhead I will get bit at least once. I don’t like those odds whenever I tromp through woods. If I can extend the amount of time it takes me to come across 69 copperheads I will kill everyone I see.
              What it tells me is if you can find 69 copperheads don't be a nerd and wear flip flops everywhere you go and watch where you're stepping because they ain't gonna be watching out for you. If you're a grown person and know there are dangers about and still get bit whos fault is that? I'll give you a hint.....yours.

Walking around blatantly not paying attention is about as stupid as me getting bit trying to pick a venomous snake up. That doesn't even make sense. Do people not have survival instincts at all?

If you can literally look and see 69 snakes in a row. Just "oh there a snake".....why would you even get close to getting bit? I'm being for real I honestly don't see how that happens. I've never been somewhere and thought "oh I'm in nature where stuff can kill me dead I should probably just look up in the trees and stuff."
              Last edited by okrattler; 07-13-2022, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I have a feeling if the study fulfilled all the parameters mentioned in this thread and had the same results it would still be considered flawed
                If one is close to my house my wife and daughter will make me kill it. My son and I will probably lie and say we killed it. If it’s in the woods I let them go. That said I doubt there is a shortage of venomous snakes so I don’t care that most folks kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
                  To me that study is flawed. Snakes use heat to sense movement. If theyre using a unoccupied boot or glove to study a snakes reaction, theres a good chance that the snake doesnt see the object as alive.
                  This is where the study is flawed for me.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                    If they’re so gentle why didn’t they just use their own hands and feet? Was that article written by Biden’s press secretary?
                    LOL - Just spit coffee on the screen. Well played Sir.

Comment

Working...
                    X