ERCOT is urging electricity conservation today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERCOT is urging electricity conservation today

ERCOT is urging all Texans to conserve power today from 1pm till 8pm.

ERCOT is asking Texans and Texas businesses to voluntarily conserve electricity, Monday, July 11 between 2-8 p.m. ERCOT also issued a Watch for a projected reserve capacity shortage from 2-8 p.m. At this time, no system-wide outages are expected.

Noticed wind output yesterday was at approximately 5% around 4:30 p.m. That's allot of turbines sitting still during the peak consumption period of the day...........................but wind and solar are going to save the grid..............

Rwc

Comment

I live outside Austin and every 10th car is an EV . Wouldn't the EVs be taxing the system? I don't have any hard numbers but id think they are taking away a good amount of energy needed by the rest of the grid. Anyone got any facts on this?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Fact, its all got to come from somewhere.

The first Law of Thermodynamics: Energy can be changed from one form to another, but it cannot be created or destroyed. The total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, merely changing from one form to another.

Comment

I say everyone crank up ACs to max. Lets just go ahead and down the system to get this next disaster over with. They won't fix it for real until it breaks and they can hold us all for ransom anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
            Noticed wind output yesterday was at approximately 5% around 4:30 p.m. That's allot of turbines sitting still during the peak consumption period of the day...........................but wind and solar are going to save the grid..............

Rwc
            I need to clarify, "5%" = 5% of the overall available wind generation, not 5% of the overall peak demand.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by nocam7 View Post
              I live outside Austin and every 10th car is an EV . Wouldn't the EVs be taxing the system? I don't have any hard numbers but id think they are taking away a good amount of energy needed by the rest of the grid. Anyone got any facts on this?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
              By my calculations, using numbers on google the soon to be popular F150 E will use about as much wattage in a year to run 20 K miles as the average household in that same year.

So most definitely, the electric vehicles are taxing the grid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                I need to clarify, "5%" = 5% of the overall available wind generation, not 5% of the overall peak demand.
                Not enough wind to turn them. Too much wind they turn too fast. Never seem to work when needed but by golly they gonna save the planet. Only thing wind is good for is taking government subsidies and turning them into profit for a select few.

Comment

I am fairly confident I will be watching my electrical usage during most of that timeframe mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    I say everyone crank up ACs to max. Lets just go ahead and down the system to get this next disaster over with. They won't fix it for real until it breaks and they can hold us all for ransom anyway.
                    Brilliant!

Comment

I hope that i see these things falling apart littering the landscapes with fiberglass and what ever else these things have in them and the solar panels polluting the creeks and rivers.
                      Maybe then this stupidity will stop.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        I laughed at this much harder than I should have. Sadly, I think this is more the truth than anything.

And yes, electric cars are a huge problem. And lets not forget, the city people who drive them (Because they don't work in the country yet) get home between 3 pm and 7 pm. I wonder how many of these people will wait to plug their cars in until after 8pm...

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          I laughed at this much harder than I should have. Sadly, I think this is more the truth than anything.

And yes, electric cars are a huge problem. And lets not forget, the city people who drive them (Because they don't work in the country yet) get home between 3 pm and 7 pm. I wonder how many of these people will wait to plug their cars in until after 8pm...
                          Or not crank the AC down so they can get cool.

Comment

didn't "we" just put (borrow from ourselves) $6 trillion into fixing our infrastructure?
                            God, I'd love to see where this money is earmarked. Its **** sure not going to add more electricity grids

I think its being spent improving the roads to get to the 7-11 where we can buy our 40oz malt Liquor and grape cigars, not to mention our scratch-offs

Comment

Just found this on FB.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	5060B9BC-BE3B-4E66-AAA1-B8A2A8A1B447.png
Views:	1
Size:	707.3 KB
ID:	24687235

Comment

Working...
                              X