Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could pick one high percentage big bass lake in Texas to fish for a week….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome times fishing. Ready to plan a trip!

Comment

I'd still do Fork, and Ray Roberts, like I used to....deep water this time of year. Lake Canton for a little sleeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        I can tell you for a fact not Tbend. Them fish there got me all confused.
        We have a lake house on Toledo Bend. Mexico is correct, its a tough place to fish right now. Rayburn on the other hand is a lot easier to figure out if you are just coming in for a week.

Comment

Table rock lake! When your tired of chasing them on table rock head below the dam to Taneycomo and fly fish for trout!

Comment

Originally posted by PhotonSlinger View Post
            Table rock lake! When your tired of chasing them on table rock head below the dam to Taneycomo and fly fish for trout!
            Or run up to Lake of the Ozarks during the week fish the west side Niangua arm of the lake

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I'd still do Fork, and Ray Roberts, like I used to....deep water this time of year. Lake Canton for a little sleeper.
              Ray Roberts has been in a funk for a couple years. Covid pressure really put a hurt on it. I wouldn't suggest anyone coming here right now, definitely not over going to Fork. Fork just have more fish. There are offshore fish here but they aren't on everything. We're averaging a 7+ just about every trip but it is a grind most days. I think we're in for some good fishing the next few years but we're not there yet. Lots of shallow milfoil, and a little bit of hydrilla in the lake right now and more bait than I've seen in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                Ray Roberts has been in a funk for a couple years. Covid pressure really put a hurt on it. I wouldn't suggest anyone coming here right now, definitely not over going to Fork. Fork just have more fish. There are offshore fish here but they aren't on everything. We're averaging a 7+ just about every trip but it is a grind most days. I think we're in for some good fishing the next few years but we're not there yet. Lots of shallow milfoil, and a little bit of hydrilla in the lake right now and more bait than I've seen in a long time.

That’s a shame. RayBob used to be my home lake and man did it hold some solid fish …. 1991-2007 is when I fished it heavily …..glad Fork is still doing well and showing some good signs. I’ve often told my wife to not be surprised if I showed up one day with most everything hunting sold, off my lease and just fishing for the rest of my days. Those 5 hours lease trip drives will wear on a fella.

Comment

Following

Comment

I didn’t read all the replies so not sure if this was mentioned…
                    I would go fish one of those lake in Mexico for a few days…I can only recall El Salto but I know there are some newer/better ones. No hassle of pulling a boat and probably would spend about the same $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      That’s a shame. RayBob used to be my home lake and man did it hold some solid fish …. 1991-2007 is when I fished it heavily …..glad Fork is still doing well and showing some good signs. I’ve often told my wife to not be surprised if I showed up one day with most everything hunting sold, off my lease and just fishing for the rest of my days. Those 5 hours lease trip drives will wear on a fella.
                      She's not dead she's just on a down cycle. All lakes do it. 2014-2017 it was as good as I had seen it since the 90s. All the pressure in 2020 really knocked it back.

I'm already planning to fish more this fall.

Comment

There's no big bass left down here in Choke. The other lakes mentioned are good one's though.

Comment

Working...
                        X