Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why you don't want kids at weddings......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved to go to weddings as a kid, especially the country weddings. Always ended up playing football, or hide and seek if nobody brought a football, outside for hours.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
      Only thing worse than kids at a wedding is kids in a wedding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Or dogs!!!

Comment

Unsupervised kids anywhere ****** me off.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
          The parents are responsible for their irresponsible children.
          this, totally this. Need to beat on the parents a while.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
            We own a venue and see out of control unsupervised kids all the time. This Saturday kids messed up grooms cake.....2 different kids, wife was able to somewhat salvage their cake after first one but 2nd one really ruined it.....not sure why people think its fine for kids to run wild, especially at wedding receptions. Groom had a special shiner beer cake made......
            Charge extra for child care control. Site examples as stated above. You make extra cash. If they refuse service. Well, you offered.

Comment

I hate seeing weddings where the kids are not invited. It ****** off the families that have kids so none of them go. I guarantee you the couples that want their perfect wedding without kids will probably be divorced after the kids and problems arrive instead of working through it. Kids should be mandatory at weddings to remind the couples what they are getting into.

Comment

My sister pulled the no kids allowed at her wedding in Maryland last year. Just happened that my kids were the only ones really impacted. Told her if my kids weren't welcome, I wouldn't be going either. I've spoken to her about twice since and never spoken to her husband.
                Absolutely ridiculous. Weddings are a family event that well-behaved kids, esp family, should be invited to. It ticked me off then and I'm still mad about it. My 12 year old daughter was devastated.

Comment

The problem I see on too many occasions in an environment like this is people tend to party too hard forgetting their kids are even there in the first place. Or get to a state of mind from the beverages that they don’t care. My wife and I have never understood how parents can equally intoxicate themselves knowing good and well they have kids present and are their responsibility.

If my wife and I want to have a good time, we leave the kids with someone else for the night. If the kids are with us, we stay sober and keep our priorities in line.

Comment

No problem with kids at weddings. Kids (and adults) that can't behave at weddings are a different story. It's just a cake. Would just be a quick "chat" outside not a full on beat down

Comment

Originally posted by Clay6x45 View Post
                      I hate seeing weddings where the kids are not invited. It ****** off the families that have kids so none of them go. I guarantee you the couples that want their perfect wedding without kids will probably be divorced after the kids and problems arrive instead of working through it. Kids should be mandatory at weddings to remind the couples what they are getting into.
                      Lol wow.

My wife and I didn't have a single friend or family member not attend our wedding because their kids weren't invited. Somehow though, even against your anticipated outcome, we are still happily married, and we've been through some tough time's I wouldn't wish upon anyone. But sure, go ahead and lump everyone that wants a memorable evening without having to worry about some punk kid and their irresponsible parents into one pool of so called inevitable failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                        The problem I see on too many occasions in an environment like this is people tend to party too hard forgetting their kids are even there in the first place. Or get to a state of mind from the beverages that they don’t care. My wife and I have never understood how parents can equally intoxicate themselves knowing good and well they have kids present and are their responsibility.

If my wife and I want to have a good time, we leave the kids with someone else for the night. If the kids are with us, we stay sober and keep our priorities in line.
                        well I've just seen just as many parents who were NOT intoxicated that totally ignore their kids, let 'em run wild, etc. ... was obvious they intended everyone else to keep 'em in control or watch them for them. Ticks me off to no end.

Comment

Rough crowd!! Some people just aren’t cut out to be parents! I’ll be first to say it. I love my boys if they’re not welcomed neither am I…

Comment

For the guy with the venue:
                            Just build a cage for the kids that end up causing trouble.
                            Throw in one Hershey bar and one wiffle ball bat. Loads of entertainment for the dads who have good kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                              For the guy with the venue:
                              Just build a cage for the kids that end up causing trouble.
                              Throw in one Hershey bar and one wiffle ball bat. Loads of entertainment for the dads who have good kids.
                              LOL! I got $5 on the chubby kid!

Comment

QUOTE=BowhunterB;16278823]Loved to go to weddings as a kid, especially the country weddings. Always ended up playing football, or hide and seek if nobody brought a football, outside for hours.[/QUOTE]

I’ve been to about 14 weddings in my life and most of them friends and relatives in a country setting. In September we were invited to another and they specified no kids and I respect that. I won’t be attending. If my kids can’t be in their presence then they can’t be in mine…city folk trying to be country…

Basically my view on the matter is if you can’t control your own kids I’d see why they’d implement such measures. You just can’t paint everyone else’s kids/parenting with that same brush!

Comment

Working...
                                X