Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why you don't want kids at weddings......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a couple more from our venue......kids, unattended of course, pulled all the petals off flowers in our planters, kids ripped net wrap off a round bale the couple wanted and that was sure fun to move and clean up but did keep deposit cost of bale. 3 different times kids have gone through fence into horse pasture and pond, our herd is gentle but horses are unpredictable. Videographers, not cheap, have sent us wedding videos of crying kids during ceremony to running and screaming kids at reception indoors. And of course the last one that ruined a $350 grooms cake, don't go on about the price I wouldn't have paid that either but thats beside the point. Couple used fake flower petals which is against our rules and kids threw them everywhere and took me days to clean up, charged their deposit. Kids used markers on our chalkboard signs, couple paid for new ones and we don't have markers so figure that one out I guess the parents gave them some..........better than the ones that won't attend if kids not allowed one of the brides aunt and uncle traveled here from out of state and brought their small dog. We don't allow outside animals so her aunt stayed at hotel with the dog since it wasn't allowed in venue or on property. Had another out of town guest in a small rv let their dog out and ut started straight for the horses. I yelled at him and said if that dog crosses the fence those mares will stomp it into a grease spot.....he quickly put the dog up and I wasn't kidding about the horses.....

We dont like to penalize the couples for damages but can't just eat it. Accidents do happen and we understand that and just roll with it but unattended kids and damages aren't accidents. Wife is on numerous venue owner sites and these horror stories are endless.

We have 4 kids and they would never be unattended but to many parents do and that's why couples choose to not have kids under X age at their wedding. These couples spend alot of money and its their decision. This year we had a couple that allowed kids at wedding but not reception and actually had a paid van and baby sitters to take them somewhere after the ceremony.

Running a venue is a young couples game I'm gonna bail

Comment

Try walking around Walmart or HEB. Little kids running rampant grabazzing. Parents always seem oblivious because their phone is stuck in their face!

Comment

I'm curious if any of y'all that complain about kids not being allowed at a wedding have ever taken a vacation without your kids? Maybe left them with grandma and grandpa or at a cousins for a long weekend?

Would seem pretty dang hypocritical if you wanted to have an uninterrupted vacation at some point in your life but turn around and fail to recognize that someone may not want children at their wedding (likely the most important day of their life to that point) for the exact same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
          Kids got into a cake? Never heard of such a thing. And men have cakes now? Did he wear a dress too? [emoji23]. Must have ended in tears.

All jokes aside where we come from weddings are for families to come together especially the children. My friends and family would have gotten a kick out of that and probably some cute pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          X2

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
            just a couple more from our venue......kids, unattended of course, pulled all the petals off flowers in our planters, kids ripped net wrap off a round bale the couple wanted and that was sure fun to move and clean up but did keep deposit cost of bale. 3 different times kids have gone through fence into horse pasture and pond, our herd is gentle but horses are unpredictable. Videographers, not cheap, have sent us wedding videos of crying kids during ceremony to running and screaming kids at reception indoors. And of course the last one that ruined a $350 grooms cake, don't go on about the price I wouldn't have paid that either but thats beside the point. Couple used fake flower petals which is against our rules and kids threw them everywhere and took me days to clean up, charged their deposit. Kids used markers on our chalkboard signs, couple paid for new ones and we don't have markers so figure that one out I guess the parents gave them some..........better than the ones that won't attend if kids not allowed one of the brides aunt and uncle traveled here from out of state and brought their small dog. We don't allow outside animals so her aunt stayed at hotel with the dog since it wasn't allowed in venue or on property. Had another out of town guest in a small rv let their dog out and ut started straight for the horses. I yelled at him and said if that dog crosses the fence those mares will stomp it into a grease spot.....he quickly put the dog up and I wasn't kidding about the horses.....

We dont like to penalize the couples for damages but can't just eat it. Accidents do happen and we understand that and just roll with it but unattended kids and damages aren't accidents. Wife is on numerous venue owner sites and these horror stories are endless.

We have 4 kids and they would never be unattended but to many parents do and that's why couples choose to not have kids under X age at their wedding. These couples spend alot of money and its their decision. This year we had a couple that allowed kids at wedding but not reception and actually had a paid van and baby sitters to take them somewhere after the ceremony.

I get your frustration from a point of professionalism. You are trying to provide a flawless and professional service and some parents are letting their kids run wild and interfere with that. I think as long as you communicate these issues to the couple and charge an appropriate deposit you are doing everything a professional can do.

As far as the livestock and other parts of the property I would personally cross fence the venue off. Let them get near the “ranch” and see it but keep em out of trouble. Fence em in lol.

I have toyed with the idea of producing my own alcohol on my property to include growing some of my own ingredients. Maybe one day if Im good open up a tasting room on my property but the thought of randoms walking around my home/property makes me think it would be best in that situation to lease a store front. Good luck OP. Think in your business you have a lot of unsupervised children in your future.

Comment

Found some video of kids gone wild at OPs venue.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                Found some video of kids gone wild at OPs venue.

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/st...0XJPP-57wfJsmQ

Wool suit for sure. Anything else and homeboy would be in the burn unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                  I once asked a woman to have her kids take a seat and quit running through the restaurant before they fell and busted their head on a table or chair. She said, and I quote,” I’ll sign a waiver.” I told her that waivers don’t work for me and she promptly gathered the little heathens and said she would not be back. And she hasn’t. Thank God.
                  I don't know how you guys survive in the customer service industry. Playing nice with coworkers each day is hard enough, I can't imagine everyone that walked through the door of a restaurant added on lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                    I'm curious if any of y'all that complain about kids not being allowed at a wedding have ever taken a vacation without your kids? Maybe left them with grandma and grandpa or at a cousins for a long weekend?

Would seem pretty dang hypocritical if you wanted to have an uninterrupted vacation at some point in your life but turn around and fail to recognize that someone may not want children at their wedding (likely the most important day of their life to that point) for the exact same reason.
                    No.
                    I don't know if I was one of the critical ones.
                    We took all vacations with the kids, because of the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post

Dang. I was hoping to read about some cage matches.

Comment

When I was a kid we always went to aunt and uncle weddings. (Mom was third of 12 kids so lot of weddings). Me and my brother usually served the beer. We thought it was a great being given such a responsibility to fill the pitchers and go around the tables pouring. Of course they were just using us but we didn’t know it at the time.

When our kids were young we respected any event that didn’t want kids and didn’t hold it against them but we didn’t attend it either. Our kids went on every vacation with us.

I hate it when kids run wild in public and yes their parents should get the whoopin. As a venue owner not sure why your wife had to fix the cake the first time. That’s on the wedding party to worry about since it’s their guests. I feel for you trying to prevent damage to your property though.

Comment

My kids behave at things like weddings because they know they will be punished if they do not. If we were at an event and they started acting up we’d go outside and handle it before we returned. Personally I don’t care how people choose to discipline their kids as long as they’re considerate to others when it comes to their children’s behavior. If you don’t believe in spanking, that’s fine, but you better have something that works if your kid is acting like a clown in public, especially at an event like someone else’s wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                            I get your frustration from a point of professionalism. You are trying to provide a flawless and professional service and some parents are letting their kids run wild and interfere with that. I think as long as you communicate these issues to the couple and charge an appropriate deposit you are doing everything a professional can do.

As far as the livestock and other parts of the property I would personally cross fence the venue off. Let them get near the “ranch” and see it but keep em out of trouble. Fence em in lol.

I have toyed with the idea of producing my own alcohol on my property to include growing some of my own ingredients. Maybe one day if Im good open up a tasting room on my property but the thought of randoms walking around my home/property makes me think it would be best in that situation to lease a store front. Good luck OP. Think in your business you have a lot of unsupervised children in your future.

Pasture is fenced.........I actually think our venue/property would make an excellent winery with tasting room etc.......some are popping up and population and tollway is headed here fast

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
                              When I was a kid we always went to aunt and uncle weddings. (Mom was third of 12 kids so lot of weddings). Me and my brother usually served the beer. We thought it was a great being given such a responsibility to fill the pitchers and go around the tables pouring. Of course they were just using us but we didn’t know it at the time.

When our kids were young we respected any event that didn’t want kids and didn’t hold it against them but we didn’t attend it either. Our kids went on every vacation with us.

I hate it when kids run wild in public and yes their parents should get the whoopin. As a venue owner not sure why your wife had to fix the cake the first time. That’s on the wedding party to worry about since it’s their guests. I feel for you trying to prevent damage to your property though.
                              she didn't have to fix the cake she's just very good at certain things and felt bad for the couple, 2nd time she said F it

Comment

Maybe part of the problem is people having weddings in "venues" and not in church. That and couples that are spending loads on their weddings to make their social media look great. How will kids know about weddings if they can't go to them. I want my kids to go to weddings because I want them to get married and have kids! I kinda thought that was how this works.

Comment

Working...
                                X